I've become a part time plane spotter

Just seems weird. They only seem to do it when they take off towards the Airport Pub.
Fly out over Liverpool, across the sea then turn left over the coast of Ireland and off they go.
I wonder if it's just Jet2 that do it?
It was always due to reduced navigational charges, as the UK charges were/are considerably higher than those in Irish airspace. There is also less chance of getting a slot delay going out via Irish airspace as the high level airspace between about Bristol and South Devon can be very busy. It won't matter which runway is in use at Manchester though.

1721403285484.png

City taking off for their pre-season tour 6:02:00..

Last edited:
For a couple of years, I used to commute 3 times per week from South Wales to London along the M4.
Some mornings, I was often parallel with Concorde making a final approach into Heathrow.
A really beautiful aircraft.

For a couple of years, I used to commute 3 times per week from South Wales to London along the M4.
Some mornings, I was often parallel with Concorde making a final approach into Heathrow.
A really beautiful aircraft.
You may have been parallel to it departing but highly unlikely it was arriving. The 2 NYC arrivals were at around 6pm and 10pm at night. Pretty much the same when they operated Washington.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.