I've got a drink problem.

As one wise man said once: "Alcohol is mother of all evils."

I knew a guy from my hometown who recently died after being notorious alcoholic for 20 years. Top guy, really top guy but alcohol just killed him - slowly and painfully.

They've found him in his house lying in puddle of blood. I'm not that good in anatomy and that stuff but he just threw half of his body out and died as dog. Alone and in agony. His parents and brother moved to USA 10 years ago, he didn't want to, they didn't even come to his funeral.

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
how are you doing Kenster?

rowley+birkin+qc.jpg

andyhinch said:
Good luck it's a battle

I don't like that term, a battle implies a struggle, which to most people is hard work, when in fact not drinking is very easy you just don't drink for one day, one hour, one moment, it becomes quite easy when people stop fighting it, it's the same for most things in life, resistance is counter productive, acceptance of the problem is the starting point

Ducado said:
andyhinch said:
Good luck it's a battle

I don't like that term, a battle implies a struggle, which to most people is hard work, when in fact not drinking is very easy you just don't drink for one day, one hour, one moment, it becomes quite easy when people stop fighting it, it's the same for most things in life, resistance is counter productive, acceptance of the problem is the starting point

It's different if someone is physically addicted to something, though. It's the viscious circle of continuing having a drink to make sure you don't get ill which, in turn, perpetuates your drinking. If it was as easy as just not drinking then addictions wouldn't exist.

citysquire said:
Ducado said:
andyhinch said:
Good luck it's a battle

It's different if someone is physically addicted to something, though. It's the viscious circle of continuing having a drink to make sure you don't get ill which, in turn, perpetuates your drinking. If it was as easy as just not drinking then addictions wouldn't exist.

Do people get physically addicted to alcohol? It's more a mental addiction and habit, sure some alcoholics suffer withdrawal symptoms most don't though and there are drugs that can help, we get into the mindset that something is difficult, we tell everyone it's difficult and it becomes difficult, it's just a story, we tell ourselves, it makes us feel better, it's a good excuse for another round of self destruction, it's difficult.

Ducado said:
andyhinch said:
Good luck it's a battle

I may have more experience than you in this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.