Jérémy Hélan & City (Merged)

Feel ill but a Rag just spoke some sense and I agree!

Just got a message from a rag mate he was said something similar to the line of whats been posted on another topic about these French clubs coming out with these allegations is basically an attempt to mess up Englands 2018 World Cup bid by a certain Frenchman who just happens to be head of UEFA. He and Blatter at FIFA surely know more than a little about this.

Also brought up is how legal can a contract with a child be? thats the key part I understand clubs wanting to protect their investments but a Pre Contract Agreement with a 13 year old surely even with the parents countersigning these things cannot be legal at 13 I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do, what happens if a young lad decides at 15 football aint for him can these clubs sue the player for breaching the agreement that he would sign for them at 16?

Re: Feel ill but a Rag just spoke some sense and I agree!

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
what happens if a young lad decides at 15 football aint for him can these clubs sue the player for breaching the agreement that he would sign for them at 16?

Doubt it, I would imagine these mickey mouse pre-contracts are all football specific. i.e if they didnt play for someone else they probably wouldnt have breached any of the T's and C's

Re: Oh dear - City worse than Chelsea

hertsblue said:
Football Manager 2010 will be shit as no English teams will be allowed to buy anyone lol

Like that.

Halfpenny said:
BillyShears said:
I saw we send the kid back...

I'm all for signing up good young players - but it seems rather farcical that clubs like City and Chelsea feel the need to not properly compensate clubs like Rennes...

Anyway, I imagine this will be a storm in a tea cup...after what's happened to Chelsea, no doubt the more pragmatic chairmen of premiership clubs will be calling up any clubs they have problems with and asking the question "how much?" - then simply paying what they need to...

There's no sense in trying to be stingy over a few million euros when much larger punishments could be meted out in the future...
I don't think it's that we didn't compensate them properly, they just saw the opportunity after Chelsea got done to make a few extra quid on the side if they made it look dodgy. Why complain now, rather than then, if they suspected an illegal approach? In that case it could've been us who set the precedent instead of Chelsea if they were so sure.

I live in France, and Rennes have made noises about it every since the transfer happened. I hear you regarding clubs taking the piss - but the bottom line remains, if we want to take the best youngsters from the academies of other clubs, then we should accept that those clubs aren't going to be happy unless they receive a payment which is significant. A club like Rennes probably has a yearly budget of 5 million euros, which should put into perspective why they are so irritated by English clubs taking players at that age for a couple of hundred thousand euros.

BillyShears said:
Halfpenny said:
I don't think it's that we didn't compensate them properly, they just saw the opportunity after Chelsea got done to make a few extra quid on the side if they made it look dodgy. Why complain now, rather than then, if they suspected an illegal approach? In that case it could've been us who set the precedent instead of Chelsea if they were so sure.

I live in France, and Rennes have made noises about it every since the transfer happened. I hear you regarding clubs taking the piss - but the bottom line remains, if we want to take the best youngsters from the academies of other clubs, then we should accept that those clubs aren't going to be happy unless they receive a payment which is significant. A club like Rennes probably has a yearly budget of 5 million euros, which should put into perspective why they are so irritated by English clubs taking players at that age for a couple of hundred thousand euros.

Does that apply to the African clubs that have their players taken by French clubs?

Marvin said:
mancity dan said:
When are we going to make a statement?
When you press the panic button

I imagine the legal team are trawling through paperwork and finding fault in their argument as we speak.

BillyShears said:
Halfpenny said:

Still, why make the official complaint now rather than then? Because if they had the evidence I'm sure we would've been dealt with accordingly.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
mancboy123 said:
While i agree in certain terms that we should pay the money and move on. What i dont agree with is the premier league and english league getting bullied by another league purely because they have one of their countrymen at the helm of uefa. I mean if a swiss person gets in charge next are we all going to have bow down to swiss football and let them be succesful for a while where does it end.

Personally i think its time for the FA to grow a spine and stand up to uefa and their constant attacking of the premier league and english football.
It's not UEFA it's FIFA

Better to see them as a double act 'Blattini', indistinguishable for the purposes of attacking English football and us in particular. What is so sick is that the French invented African football farms to bolster their fading national game. It was so sweet when Senegal, composed wholly of Africans from the farms playing in the French leagues, beat them in the 2002 World Cup.

It's ludicrous. But, City should now fight for compensation for Giggs.

Brimsdown Rovers need compensation, and lots of it for David Beckham.

It could go on. Stupid.

With this pre-contract, the club doesn't have to offer a full contract at the end of it. So why should the player have to accept the contract when it is given to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.