Jérémy Hélan & City (Merged)

Re: Oh dear - City worse than Chelsea

I'm fucking sick of that prick Platini.

It's high time someone took a stand against his blatant racism against all things English.

Anyone resident tubthumpers fancy starting an anti-Platini campaign? Posters, Banners, Protests at games, demonstrations and the like? It's not just us, supporters of other PL teams must be getting pissed of as well.

I'm fed up of the way he constantly justifies his Anglophobic rants by saying that it's 'for the good of the game'.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Marvin said:
When did Rennes refer this to FIFA?

Suspect it's since the Kakuta story broke as their Chairman is talking about a decision due in years.

Offering inducements to attract a player from the club that developed him is one thing, but he was trying to sign for utd at the time. It's clear already from the sketchy news we know that he wanted to leave Rennes
What Rennes are saying is they had a pre contract agreement that he would sign for them at 16 and this was signed when he was 13.

What is a pre contract agreement anyway?????

If it's a legally binding document that the kid signed to say he would sign a "proper" contract later then surely that's a contract anyway and illegal? I doubt credit card companies would get away with trawling schools and signing up kids to "pre contract credit agreements"!!!!!

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Marvin said:
When did Rennes refer this to FIFA?

Suspect it's since the Kakuta story broke as their Chairman is talking about a decision due in years.

Offering inducements to attract a player from the club that developed him is one thing, but he was trying to sign for utd at the time. It's clear already from the sketchy news we know that he wanted to leave Rennes
What Rennes are saying is they had a pre contract agreement that he would sign for them at 16 and this was signed when he was 13.
I know what they are saying, but I would like to know when this was reported to FIFA.

TWD-Tony said:
BillyShears said:
I live in France, and Rennes have made noises about it every since the transfer happened. I hear you regarding clubs taking the piss - but the bottom line remains, if we want to take the best youngsters from the academies of other clubs, then we should accept that those clubs aren't going to be happy unless they receive a payment which is significant. A club like Rennes probably has a yearly budget of 5 million euros, which should put into perspective why they are so irritated by English clubs taking players at that age for a couple of hundred thousand euros.

I think you've hit the nail on the head - this isn't about ethics, homegrown talent or tapping-up it's about CASH!

Chelsea have a few quid so they have been hit, we certainly have a couple of quid lying around so we have been targetted - Rennes like most other small clubs are suffering in the reccession and need to get cash... This will all blow over - Rennes will announce in a few weeks that they have dropped the complaint and ADUG will be a few million euros lighter... It stinks

If that is the case then City should sue Rennes for defemation of character. Its our name thats getting dragged through the mud here. France, beautiful country but full of French

See the problem remains thus, players from france will always want to go to a spain or an italy for the simple reason of money now indeed the french might be able to offer same wages IF platini gets his way but the sticking point will be sponsorship and the simple fact is this a player playing in the french league will not get as much exposure than if he was playing in the spanish or english leagues therefore his value in sponsorship terms remains less, so the wages may be equal but the overall value of the package will not be, therefore platini can rant and rave all he likes its not going to affect the overall outcome of the argument and he will know himself he can only push so far before teams start to push back and when the teams start to push back he is finished.

Marvin said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
I know what they are saying, but I would like to know when this was reported to FIFA.

SSN now saying Rennes reported this transfer in the Spring of this year...

We're going to get fucked over this i reckon. The authorities cannot wait to screw us over. We are hated throughout football, just like Chelsea, and i wouldn't bet against this having a bearing on the outcome. Football isn't above board. We're an English team and have the richest owner in world football... not ideal in situations like this. It will take 2 or 3 years to reach a conclusion, but they will find a way to get us, i'm sure of that.

Bilston Blue said:
Marvin said:

SSN now saying Rennes reported this transfer in the Spring of this year...

Thats crap, as the Technical Director's comments point to a complaint being made after the Kakuka punishment. We need to get Chelsea and United onside with this. Team up against FIFA and wipe the bastards out.

So it's not just opportunism then

However how can City be guilty of inducing a player to break his contract if he was already in dispute with his club as reports have suggested?

In total agreement with you there as i stated earlier i think its going to take the big clubs pushing back before platini retreats. he can rant and rave all he likes but the fact remains IF he goes after the heavy hitters and the heavy hitters push back he has no game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.