Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish is entering his peak years and he is incredibly ambitious and still wants to improve.

If the decision rests with the player then he will be soon be wearing Blue.
Don't get this 'ambitious' factor honestly. I do think he should move, but does it make him any less ambitious if he stays at Villa? Accepting the demands and ideas of the project and being the star player of his boyhood club? I think that would be quite ambitious of him to stay and believe he can reach new heights with Villa.

The reality is obviously different, but besides the point. Don't think majority blues here or elsewhere will be gutted if he doesn't come, just a thought though.

Looking at all the reports and rumours from both sides and trying to read between the lines, here is my take:

There is a buy out clause

City persuaded Grealish to come on increased wages

Villa have matched or exceeded City’s wage offer

City now have to decide whether they carry on a bidding war with Villa or persuade him that he will earn more overall as he wins more.

If we take the latter option, and it doesn’t work, we will walk away and he will sign for Villa because he has put (probably) a small guaranteed money differential before wanting to win trophies at the highest level and that applies even if it is the club he supports.

I think it’s up to Grealish himself.
The chance to work with the best in the game the best tactician in the game the best person who can take his game to another level the players he will play with, Champions Leage football & lastly the trophys he can be winning that out ways any fookin wages

Looking at all the reports and rumours from both sides and trying to read between the lines, here is my take:

There is a buy out clause

City persuaded Grealish to come on increased wages

Villa have matched or exceeded City’s wage offer

City now have to decide whether they carry on a bidding war with Villa or persuade him that he will earn more overall as he wins more.

If we take the latter option, and it doesn’t work, we will walk away and he will sign for Villa because he has put (probably) a small guaranteed money differential before wanting to win trophies at the highest level and that applies even if it is the club he supports.

I think it’s up to Grealish himself.
The thing in our favour is Grealish is 25. As we know ourselves, with sustained squad investment it’ll still take Villa a few years to challenge domestically and easily a decade to both get into Europe and start challenging for honours there. Villa, even if their owners have the cash and ambition to do it, have to navigate FFP and endure the ”B” signings like Buendia and mould those to challenge before you can entice top class signings. None of it is guaranteed.
Fair play to the lad if he opts to stay. Le Tissier mk 2.

Don't get this 'ambitious' factor honestly. I do think he should move, but does it make him any less ambitious if he stays at Villa? Accepting the demands and ideas of the project and being the star player of his boyhood club? I think that would be quite ambitious of him to stay and believe he can reach new heights with Villa.

The reality is obviously different, but besides the point. Don't think majority blues here or elsewhere will be gutted if he doesn't come, just a thought though.

He maybe has 8 attempts to win, let alone play, in the CL. It’s a big thing to stay at Villa if you want to play with and against the best.

People need to read less & not to take to much in with will he wont he or he's staying or going its all part & parcel of journos & media talking bollocks in otherwards fucking guessing

If Grealish is signing then its all playing out to how both Villa & City want it to

Villa do not want teams asking millions for players knowing they could be about to bag around £80m for Grealish if that happens now then they want a bigger piece for whoever Villa sign its all a game imo

I said around 25th after a short holiday & know need for City to get it done any quicker & pay 2-3 weeks more in contract wages on top of current staff

Kane is the more frustrating one imo that will definitely go into August unless Kane makes another move & publicly demand it if he says fuckall then fuck knows the outcome

Let the scum showcase Sancho then City Gate crash with Grealish?

I get the impression he is ambitious and it’s almost guaranteed trophies plus a big wage rise plus playing with Foden and KDB versus an even bigger pay increase plus playing for the club he supports plus he might be persuaded by Villa‘s ambitions.

Personally I think the guaranteed lure of CL football means he leaves.
Maybe, but big question will be playing time (it surely will be less, for Pep's rotation), close to his career prime. He might end up watching Foden and KDB instead of playing with them. He didn't play too much for England this summer too.

King of Villa or another fish in the pond at City, has to be added to Jack's thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.