Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, wasn't expecting to get as many backs up with that comment, wasn't intended as a wind up. We were big in the late 60s, early 70s then fell into oblivion in the grand scheme of things, as others benefited from the start of Premier League, including the juggernaut of Manchester United.

Villa were one of the EFL founder members with fantastic early success, then obviously won the European Cup nearly a century later. Go to the Midlands, it's a massive catchment area and if people don't support United or Liverpool, it's usually Villa. We have been so lucky with the investment we've been given, but without that we are a mid table top division team with about 30-40k hardcore fans (consistently higher crowds than Villa in the Championship, so fair play). The last 10 years has been great but we need to sustain that for the next 20-30 years to be considered up there with the Uniteds, Liverpools, Arsenals. Loads of fans coming through in Gen Z and younger, but it'll take these guys starting to come to games and bringing their kids too for us to grow as a genuine fanbase. Currently we wouldn't fill a stadium the swamp's size week in week out. They struggle due to their drop off in success, and they're a generation or two ahead of us in their establishment at the big table. History isn't everything, we are a fantastic club with a fantastic bunch of fans and we are here to stay; but we're not a massive club.

Back to Grealish, I agree he's stuck around at Villa and been a legend there. Most of their fans probably wouldn't begrudge him a move to a title contender.
Funny that you got no likes for this post

So collymore is a clueless no mark when he says Grealish is staying but he's since gone quiet on the cesspit that is twitter and that somehow means he does actually know something after all, it means he's leaving and he the man who is making a living on attention seeking doesn't want to release info that would give him the attention he craves because its bad news for villa?

Does anybody want to explain the logic in that one? This forum doesn't half attract some fucking crackpots.

The only drawback signing England based players is we dont get to go on flight tracker
Could you imagine if he flew in from his holiday? What a photo shoot that would be! Face on contract sat next to Txiki. I reckon Txiki would even move the hair out of his face to ensure if sick it wouldn’t be in his luscious locks!

but without that we are a mid table top division team with about 30-40k hardcore fans

In short, exactly what Villa have been since winning the European Cup. Some forty years ago.
I'm not interested in the my club's bigger than yours discussion, one way or the other. And yes, I realize that you're a City fan. But your claim was weird.

My money is on the likelihood that we fail to sign Kane, Grealish or Haarland. There are other options available, albeit not in the same league. Personally I think that Lewandowski would guarantee us another league title.
Highly doubtful that Bayern would sell City Lewandowski if he had that much left in the tank. It would be like when they sold the Pig Farmer to the Rags. If Bayern are happy to offload Lewandowski we should be trying to sign the player they've earmarked as his replacement. Which is probably Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.