Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grealish looking the real deal so far this year.

he always wants the ball and his ball retention are first class . Would fit in well in our midfield

He's always been the real deal. People on here just don't like Jack Grealish the person and formed their opinion on him as a player as a result.

I've maintained since the summer before we signed Torres (who I do think was a good addition, so not complaining) that he would have been an excellent buy in the window simply due to his versatility. Very good either as a left winger or in CM, both gaping holes in our squad with Sane and Silva leaving at the same time and he would have plugged both gaps.

He's Zaha'd himself by signing a new contract with Villa now (not that I think he would care too much if Villa can carry on in an upward trajectory), so I think we can wave goodbye to the prospect of him ever coming here as we're not going to be paying the £80m+ that Villa can demand for him.

Grealish is a cracking player who would currently walk into our team.
If he hadn't been a bit of a knob off the pitch he wouldn't attract all the negativity.
I think he is the best all round midfielder in the England set up, he's got vision and very high energy levels.
His problem is that he's English and we love too rip our own too pieces.
I would take him in a heartbeat, but the vile staying up made any move near on impossible.

Traore isn’t close to being as good as Sterling and the things you mention are the kind of things I read about him 4 years ago when it was all the rage to slag him off.
Lightweight? He fights his corner as much as anybody in that team and is often seen holding his own against far bigger opposition.
Cheating? The lad is denied pens and free kicks most weeks after being blatantly fouled. The only cheating going on is by the officials.
Let’s be honest, it’s the few glaring misses that piss people off about Sterling but most forget he’s one of the most productive players in the Premier league.
Honestly thought he’d won everybody over by now but it seems he’s still got to go the extra mile for some.

He is productive,but the positions he finds himself in,and the opportunities presented to him,should ensure he offers much more of an end product.

I recognise that he sometimes doesn't get decisions he deserves or they don't go his way,but the cheating is fact,he goes down far too easy and sometimes under no contact at all - it's not what i want to see.

Lightweight doesn't refer to his strength,because he has that in abundance.....he just seems to go missing (and he's far from alone in that respect) when we need characters to step up and really dig deep.

Anyway,as this is the Grealish thread,lets agree to disagree.

Grealish is most like Bernardo of our squad IMO. He's faster and not quite so good in terms of ball control, but he's like an English version.

I'm glad he's getting the recognition on here now, after the lockdown I ended up watching a lot of Villa games and I thought he was excellent, it really changed my opinion on him but a lot on here were bit slow to change their minds and were horrified by the transfer links.

Not sure where he would fit into our side though with Foden, Bernardo and KDB already here.
I have also changed my view on Grealish. Previously I was influenced by his often poor performances against us. Now I think he would do well in a better team than Villa. His workrate is more impressive than Mahrez and he is a team player.
I am a huge fan of Bernardo though and think he can play almost anywhere for City. He has looked great at number 8, number 10, right and left wings, defensive midfield, and even a game at right back. We need to get him back to his best this season.
A front three of Sterling, Sergio/Jesus, and Grealish with a midfield of Bernardo (DM), KDB, and Foden would be pretty useful.

Grealish is a cracking player who would currently walk into our team.
If he hadn't been a bit of a knob off the pitch he wouldn't attract all the negativity.
I think he is the best all round midfielder in the England set up, he's got vision and very high energy levels.
His problem is that he's English and we love too rip our own too pieces.
I would take him in a heartbeat, but the vile staying up made any move near on impossible.
Walk into our team? Where would you play him and who would he replace?

We should sign him to play next to Rodri. He’s on record in saying he prefers to play in the middle of the park, and he also adores KDB so would run through walls for us.

Also says a lot that people think he’s a winger. If you follow him and listen to him, he likes to play as an eight.

He is productive,but the positions he finds himself in,and the opportunities presented to him,should ensure he offers much more of an end product.

I recognise that he sometimes doesn't get decisions he deserves or they don't go his way,but the cheating is fact,he goes down far too easy and sometimes under no contact at all - it's not what i want to see.

Lightweight doesn't refer to his strength,because he has that in abundance.....he just seems to go missing (and he's far from alone in that respect) when we need characters to step up and really dig deep.

Anyway,as this is the Grealish thread,lets agree to disagree.

You can't point to a lack of end product and "going missing" as two reasons why you'd swap Sterling for Traore. Well, you obviously can but it's utterly nonsensical because you'd be talking about trading out one of the most prolific players on the planet for a guy who has scored five league goals in two years and has only just graduated from being an impact sub to a starter. You'd be weakening us significantly.

You can't point to a lack of end product and "going missing" as two reasons why you'd swap Sterling for Traore. Well, you obviously can but it's utterly nonsensical because you'd be talking about trading out one of the most prolific players on the planet for a guy who has scored five league goals in two years and has only just graduated from being an impact sub to a starter. You'd be weakening us significantly.

Cool,i disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.