Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly do you really think that he will give another two seasons to you because you are on the edge of greatness? Better informed posters than me will tell you, that just having a rich benefactor and a few million to chuck around doesnt do it in the prem i am afraid, you can only spend effectively what you earn, your sugar daddy cant just give Aston Villa money to spend it doesnt work like that. FFP outlawed that, if it hadnt where do you think City would be now?
Everton have had a wealthy owner for a few years now and haven’t been able to get close. It’s tough

I wasn't arguing it isn't clear we are in for them. Just that it isn't clear by the club. We haven't responded to any rumours, players we are And aren't in for.

Some read into journalists' claims as coming from the club. They could be right, but I don't think they are.
I'm unclear, what's the picture again?

Perhaps he recognises that Villa are two seasons of investment away from being able to compete regularly around the top four - combined with the knowledge that he is adored where he plays his football currently. It's clear from reading this thread that to you guys he would be just another footballer passing through whereas to us he has a lot of emotional value and that this isn't well understood. Not that he would ever be looking around forums, but if I were him and saw some of the posts on here about me I would seriously question whether I wanted to move to you.
Top four - not had such a laugh for ages.

Our attack needs a boost and I’m not just talking striker. The front three were below par last season in the premier league Gundogan was our top scorer in the league with 13 followed by Raz on 10 and Jesus on 9 that’s piss poor numbers for a attacker in a premier league winning team. No one in our attack got over 11 goals in the premier last season that is poor. Raz even having one of his worst seasons was still our best attacker with 10 goals and 7 assists

Grealish on the other hand got 6 goals and 10 assists finishing 4th in the assists charts just behind KDB he also created more chances than our attacking front three throughout the season. He’s an upgrade to that front three of ours. Grealish Kane and Sterling is a much better attack than what we had last season. Mahrez was brilliant in the champions league but his prem stats don’t put him in the top 20 of best attackers in the premier league last season.

funny enough none of our front three were in the top 20 for goals and assists. Gundogan carried us with his insane form. KDB is just KDB, our midfielders were our greatest asset last year and carried us to the premier league trophy. The attack needs upgrading
Has anyone said our attack was the best last season?
So 6 goals 10 assist for a forward are world class numbers that we must buy and pay the premeir league price record for ? Was he even in the top 20 you are talking about.

You know Pep changes the attack very often and at some point in the season everyone was first choice. Most of the forwards had their moments were they helped the team simple.

Villa are not 2 seasons away from the top 4. You guys finished 11th. You have finished in the top 10 once in the past 10 years I think. It would be naive to assume everything clicks for you guys over the next 2 years. Even if you did make it to let's say top 6, I doubt Grealish would be happy with his career finishing fighting for a top 4 without winning anything of note (unless you think Villa can challenge for the title in 4 years).
You also totally miss the point about playing with the world class players like De Bruyne and being coached by Pep. In the end Grealish will also likely see that Pep wants him and is willing to spend big money on him and this is his chance to be coached by him. The fact that City would be ready to pay Villa what they want should be motivation enough for Grealish to know that he is wanted.
I understand the emotional part with Villa, but the issue is Villa arnt anywhere near to what Grealish' ambition as a player should be.

And once you get into Europe ffp is more severe uefa will punish you fine you to make it harder to compete because uefa are an organisation full of corrupt self entitled cunts!

Has anyone said our attack was the best last season?
So 6 goals 10 assist for a forward are world class numbers that we must buy and pay the premeir league price record for ? Was he even in the top 20 you are talking about.

You know Pep changes the attack very often and at some point in the season everyone was first choice. Most of the forwards had their moments were they helped the team simple.

yea Grealish was top 4 for assists and top 3 for chances created only behind KDB. He also had 2nd most take ons in the league. and his defensive contribution surprised me on how much he works for the team. 61% tackle success rate 644 duels won and 60 interceptions that’s only two less than Rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.