Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he wants to leave and the club need to find a compromise.

Do you really think he is worth 100m to Villa?
More than £100m. With him we compete for Europe, without we risk looking over our shoulders. Hence why this deal is so tricky for you - he's worth far more to Villa than he is to Man City.

Because last year, Grealish wasnt worth anywhere near 70m. Not with a year left on his contract, not as a player.

I get what you are trying to do, and I don't disagree. You are trying too hard though and the exaggeration is crapping all over your own arguement, which isn't crap itself
He didn't have a year left, the previous deal ran until 2023.

Lucky contracts exist then; if Villa don't want to sell then he isn't going anywhere no matter how ambitious he is. On that matter, I'd also say it is more ambitious to try and get into the Champions League with Villa and perhaps win an FA Cup than win an inevitable league title with you. Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
Contracts work both ways, not only does it give the player security, it also protects the clubs assets. The longer the contract, the higher the valuation.

Havertz was low 70s. Man Utd got cold feet over paying £70 million for Grealish last summer. Chelsea have never approached a £100m fee, nor have Arsenal or Liverpool.
What the fuck have Arsenal got to do with all of this?

Anyway. It's up to the lad. He has a couple of choices:

1. He stays with his boyhood club and becomes an absolute legend but might not win anything. If I was him that would be good enough for me.

2. He sees the likes of Foden winning multiple titles and other trophies and playing on the CL every year and thinks 'I want some of that'. If that is the case then I guess a lot of Villa fans will turn against him.

Up to the lad though.

Oh, and Villa fans are, by and large, a bunch of fannies.

He plays for fouls...he drags his leg so the oppostion make contact...he goes down at the slightest touch from behind...the likes of Sergio, David Silva etc used to try and stay on their feet.

Grealish earns the most free kicks cause that is part of his game......some call it cheating, others dont mind it and see it as part of the modern game....Personally I dont want that type of play in our team.

I dont doubt he is brave on the ball (but thats different to what is being talked about). He is brave on the ball by making positive runs forward, dribbling in tight spaces etc but he goes down at the slightest touch

Personally I believe we already have better in the team...my hope is Pep and the other players will make him a better playerand he will cut the diving out if we get him
City will change that mentality of Grealish. We don't want free kicks, it gives the defending side time to organise themselves again.
He plays that way for Villa because that suits their gameplan.
We are in for him for his other attributes that will help City out think our opponents.
Plus refs don't give us free kicks anyway, so he has no option but to change his style.

You're being obtuse - I'm paying your club a backhanded compliment. The fee will be over £100 million and no one else in the league can afford that. No need to be so weirdly sensitive about a fact.
Rags and chavs could ,our owner doesnt put money in, hasnt for many years and we above everyone have rules and budgets to stick to

Lucky contracts exist then; if Villa don't want to sell then he isn't going anywhere no matter how ambitious he is. On that matter, I'd also say it is more ambitious to try and get into the Champions League with Villa and perhaps win an FA Cup than win an inevitable league title with you. Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
Well then he should sign for Walsall and try to get them into the Premier League.. That would be a huge challenge and show his ambition.
Villa aren't going to get into the Champions League.. They could possibly win the F. A. Cup if they get decent draws and the luck you need in Cup competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.