Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is quite obvious isn't it? Leaving to win inevitable title after title with a super team is a lot easier than building something organic with players of lesser talent. As you lot point out incessantly, it's an awful lot harder and less likely for Villa to finish fourth than for you to win the Champions League or whatever. So why is leaving for easy honours ambitious?
Is this a joke ?

Maybe Grealish and his representatives insisted on a reasonable release clause as a condition of signing the contract. He wasn’t spoken of in terms of £80m last summer but he’s just had a very good season.
£75 million was the fee Man Utd would have had to pay last summer. I'm bored of not getting through with simple logic - Villa wouldn't have added a release clause that meant his value under the new deal was equal to or lower than if he had continued on the previous one until 2023.

Havertz was low 70s. Man Utd got cold feet over paying £70 million for Grealish last summer. Chelsea have never approached a £100m fee, nor have Arsenal or Liverpool.
Pogba was well over £100m with agents fees and that’s a few years ago. According to the Juve chairman about €140m, I think.

I think this is quite obvious isn't it? Leaving to win inevitable title after title with a super team is a lot easier than building something organic with players of lesser talent. As you lot point out incessantly, it's an awful lot harder and less likely for Villa to finish fourth than for you to win the Champions League or whatever. So why is leaving for easy honours ambitious?
That was the thing that struck me about the trophies we won. Isn’t this easy I thought to myself lol.

His ambition is to win things, simple as that. Will he do that with villa, no. Will he do it with city, yes. Pretty straight forward really.

Whats organic about Villa, that isn’t organic about City?

£75 million was the fee Man Utd would have had to pay last summer. I'm bored of not getting through with simple logic - Villa wouldn't have added a release clause that meant his value under the new deal was equal to or lower than if he had continued on the previous one until 2023.
You do realise contracts are a 2 way thing? Maybe Grealish wouldn’t sign a contract with a release clause for £100m. And this £75m United wouldn’t pay, what’s the source for that? Because that’s what you’re basing your argument around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.