Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than £100m. With him we compete for Europe, without we risk looking over our shoulders. Hence why this deal is so tricky for you - he's worth far more to Villa than he is to Man City.
City aren't paying £100m. We'd walk away at anything like that. £88m was reported widely, seems about right to me.

Lucky contracts exist then; if Villa don't want to sell then he isn't going anywhere no matter how ambitious he is. On that matter, I'd also say it is more ambitious to try and get into the Champions League with Villa and perhaps win an FA Cup than win an inevitable league title with you. Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
If it’s his ambitious to win things in the next couple of years he’s not doing that with Villa.

Lucky contracts exist then; if Villa don't want to sell then he isn't going anywhere no matter how ambitious he is. On that matter, I'd also say it is more ambitious to try and get into the Champions League with Villa and perhaps win an FA Cup than win an inevitable league title with you. Ambition means taking on a challenge, he wouldn't be doing that with you.
So it’s more ambitious to stay at a team that doesn’t compete for honours and more than likely win nothing than to go to a team, challenge yourself to get into the best team in the league and win honours? Can appreciate you want him to stay but stop talking out of your arse

It's simple logic though isn't it. Why would Villa include a release clause of anything under £100 million in a five year deal. The release clause has to be equal to the base price for the selling club or else Villa are agreeing to throw away £20 million or more. Our owners may not be as rich as yours but they aren't stupid.
Maybe Grealish and his representatives insisted on a reasonable release clause as a condition of signing the contract. He wasn’t spoken of in terms of £80m last summer but he’s just had a very good season.

So it’s more ambitious to stay at a team that doesn’t compete for honours and more than likely win nothing than to go to a team, challenge yourself to get into the best team in the league and win honours? Can appreciate you want him to stay but stop talking out of your arse
I think this is quite obvious isn't it? Leaving to win inevitable title after title with a super team is a lot easier than building something organic with players of lesser talent. As you lot point out incessantly, it's an awful lot harder and less likely for Villa to finish fourth than for you to win the Champions League or whatever. So why is leaving for easy honours ambitious?

Oh dear. Whilst I agree with you, unfortunately it’s not the real world. For every Matt Le Tissier or Alan Shearer, there are 250 professional footballers that would go to Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Liverpool (as it used to be back in the day). If it is true that Jack is having second thoughts and it’s not a straight forward decision, already sets him apart from many.
The reality is that there are several clubs at least ahead of Villa in terms of their development. FFP has closed the door on the accelerated development needed for Villa to make it a remote chance of picking up a trophy at Villa in his career.
There is always a food chain football and occasionally it can be cyclical. For Villa to achieve anything it needs a few clubs to go backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.