Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true, every City fan I know or have ever spoken to has hated every minute of winning countless trophies and experiencing moments like the Aguero goal againat QPR. It's been horrible really. I pine for the Joe Royle days over the bald fraud.
Joe Royle was ok. It’s Stuart Pearce’s tenure that had me crying most weeks! Corradi upfront Jesus Christ. I looked in the crowd and could see more athletic people eating pukka pies and downing their 7th Heineken! Don’t even talk to me about David James upfront as a solution to score goals!

I’ll get butchered for this opinion but I can see why pep would want to pair KDB and Grealish. Grealish just a little reminds me of David Silva with how he can quickly turn with the ball and his press resistance when being closed down, his passing is brilliant as well, he’s got that special attribute of being able to get out of small spaces with the ball.

I think with him in midfield with KDB I think our midfield becomes the best midfield in the league.
It already was wasn't it?

Joe Royle was ok. It’s Stuart Pearce’s tenure that had me crying most weeks! Corradi upfront Jesus Christ. I looked in the crowd and could see more athletic people eating pukka pies and downing their 7th Heineken! Don’t even talk to me about David James upfront as a solution to score goals!

I didn't mind Royle either, I only mentioned him as the Villa fan had said in his post that City fans were more enthused about the days when he was manager.

Frank Clark & Alan Ball were much worse for me.

The Mirror have done an exclusive and mentioned, in passing, that we’re prepared to ‘Blow Villa out of the water’.

Narrative of greed being written already?

I genuinely think this will be one of the nastiest transfers just due to the emotional attachment Villa fans have to him. This will be worse than Delph maybe

Villa fans will definitely be angry if Grealish is sold. It’s understandable as well considering where their fans are hoping to go.

Their owners have invested a lot of money in the squad and the club has been on an upward trajectory over the past few seasons. Selling their prized asset will feel like ten steps back.

That said, if Grealish does leave, once the dust settles, I’m sure the majority of Villa fans will still hold him in high esteem.

From a footballing perspective, success for Villa would be finishing in the top 6 and winning a domestic trophy. Grealish is being offered the chance to compete for league and European titles. I don’t think anyone would begrudge him that move.

Add to the fact that he’s led the club to promotion and established them as a PL side. He’s captained them in a domestic cup final and not kicked up a fuss when Spurs and United wanted to sign him. If he can help the club get £80 million for his services then he’s not done much wrong.

Selling clubs always drag out transfers so they don't look like they've been had over. It's all for show and part of the pantomime that is the transfer window.
What we are seeing with our two targets is no different to what happens every single year but because people log onto here and see no movement 10 minutes after they first ask when is it happening the flapping starts.
The holidays to the south of France Ric enjoys every year on his yacht are all thanks to us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.