Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys!

I bet you’re chuffed to see yet another Villa fan on your forum.

My take on this….I think that there is no done deal either way, City have made their offer, we have made ours of a new contract with a salary increase, and we’re literally waiting for his decision.

I’m sure there have been positive noises made towards both offers, there are a lot of factors to consider for him - will he be able to make the step up in a team that is not set up to play to his strengths? Will he play enough games? Will he settle in Manchester? If he stays at Villa, will he be wasting his prime years and end up trophyless? Will he be in the same position on the periphery with England?

Just my personal opinion but when you are a footballer, your love of a club is put on the back burner to some extent due to it being a career, you have to do what you feel is best for you in that moment.

Im still unsure what will happen, I think we will all know in the next week.

I’d wish you boys luck for the season, but judging by the last few years, I don’t think you need it!
most sensible post for a while and probably the most accurate as well.

No way Grealish says yes to any offer straight away as he will want to milk any offer to his maximum advantage...or his agent will at least to get the best deal for his client and at the same timethey will react very postive towards both sides to keep them interested....Grealish/agent will be playing one side off against the other to get the best deal possible

Im guessing as a Villa fan you think he is a top class/world class player but Im one of the few on here who actually doesnt really want him (most do want him). I just dont see anything other than a decent player who dribbles lots and buys fouls. He has never ever stood out in any game Ive seen him and I believe in the likes of Foden, Bernardo Silva we already have better players.....Grealish can deliver a decent cross which neither of those can but in eveyr other department Id have every one of our midfielders over Grealish.
Whats your assessment of him...?

It seems to have come all of a sudden too! Not long ago they were being promoted from the championship and then fighting to stay up. All of a sudden they are world beaters. I get that you love your own team but it’s weird. Spurs used to be the same but they seem to have come to their senses.
They finished last season only two points further off 17th place than they were off the top four. They did recruit well and improve last season but to suggest that they are now automatic top six contenders is a little fanciful

Sam is getting hounded on Twitter it’s embarrassing from Villa fans
He's a journo...they have to have thick skin and in the job/career he is in then Im sorry but I have little sympathy

Firefighters getting shit chucked at them by scallies as they are trying to put out fires/do their jobs, cops getting stabbed etc etc - now I have the greatest sympathy for those guys.

Journos are just one rung below politicians for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.