Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite it seeming like a small thing. I still keep thinking about those pro-Utd tweets he deleted.

Why…?
And timely enough him or likely his social media team deleted every pro rag tweet after it was brought to attention again.

Great point. The current supposed 'goldrush' for English / home grown players points to that. I wonder if the failure of the ESL and need for UEFA to pander a bit to the G14 will see an expansion of the homegrown rule? - Real and Barca (possibly also Juve / Bayern) might not be able to compete with the PL financially, but they can all still be big fish in the small pond of their own domestic leagues. If uefa stipulate more CL players need to be homegrown it hamstrings the opposition and gives the German / Spanish / Italian rags a leg up.

The expansion of the homegrown rule has been in the pipeline some 4 or 5 years now. It really intensified with germany winning the world cup with pretty much all bundesliga players, and the FA saying we should be doing this too. There were concrete plans to reduce the foreign quote from 17 to 13, or increase the requirement from 8 to 12, whichever way you look at it. I don't remember seeing a conclusive report where it was agreed, from memory it was mooted but paused as a longer term target. Many seem to assume it is some post brecit thing, but brexit wasn't even a thing when those plans were being made, to be phased in. The only thing that affects so far, is EU players now needing the same work permit as non-eu players, which if they play for their national side they'd have no issue getting presumably.

Perhaps the clubs know more on when/if the quota may change. As it stands though both Grealish and Kane would take up foreign slots, it means nothing to our squad currently that they are English, so for me the club is after them for their quality and experience of the league. Open minded to the idea they have a longer term awareness of any future structures though.

Wouldn't make that assumption, agree on silence but I'm starting to think they are fighting to keep him, else an agreement with City shouldn't be taking this long.
The bid only went in a few days ago and Grealish has only been back in the country for about 48 hours. Give it a chance! Not doubting that they might be making a last ditch attempt to keep him but I'm not overly worried at this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.