Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no better place for him than here. No other board would be as accommodating. A lot can change of course but personally I think he will stay with us beyond his current deal.

He is practically rebuilding,if all this summers rumoured targets come off.....he's gonna want to be at the helm when we ruin football for everyone else.

Considering that Aguero hasn't played that many minutes for us, bringing in Haaland who would be the undisputed starter means already some players are getting less minutes just with Haaland.

If you bring in Grealish then somebody has to leave, Gundogan rotating as the #6 is a potential option, but I don't see Pep moving players around in positions anymore, moving Gundogan between #6 and #8 is a bad idea, and doing this for any player is a bad idea as what he has to do in each position changes completely. This season in general everybody has played fixed roles (even if the position slightly changes like with Bernie).

Basically I see Zakaria coming in as a backup, or Dinho another year more likely than Gundogan going back there.

This means a winger has to be sold.

You know, if for whatever reason Haaland doesn't work out this summer, I can see us pushing hard for Grealish.

If there's no Haaland then the club might press ahead with the current 'Jesus or false 9' strategy that's worked well for us this season, and then all of a sudden there'd be room for a player like Grealish and his creative ability

Probably in the minority here who thinks he's a big fish in a small pond, a bit like Declan Rice. A good player, definitely, but he'd be about 70mil. He's only had 2 good seasons in the Prem.

You know, if for whatever reason Haaland doesn't work out this summer, I can see us pushing hard for Grealish.

If there's no Haaland then the club might press ahead with the current 'Jesus or false 9' strategy that's worked well for us this season, and then all of a sudden there'd be room for a player like Grealish and his creative ability
I kind of like it in some weird way.

False 9 suits us well, Pep might very well see Foden or Grealish having huge potential as a false 9. Barcelona's current resurgence in La Liga is due to playing 343 with 3 forwards in Griezmann, Dembele, Messi, neither of them truly playing as a 9.

But so many people are linking us with Haaland or a striker that I have big doubts about that path.

Jesus, this fetishizing of the false 9 again... “Jesus or false 9” isn’t a strategy lol. Please stop.

also, it’s not Haaland OR Grealish, it’s both

I kind of like it in some weird way.

False 9 suits us well, Pep might very well see Foden or Grealish having huge potential as a false 9. Barcelona's current resurgence in La Liga is due to playing 343 with 3 forwards in Griezmann, Dembele, Messi, neither of them truly playing as a 9.

But so many people are linking us with Haaland or a striker that I have big doubts about that path.
Yeah I do think we're in heavy for Haaland, it's just after him the backup options (Kane or Lukaku) seem very difficult to get, and then after those two the quality drop off is too great in all the other available goal scorers and I don't think it's in the club's MO to sign a guy for the sake of filling in a position.

I expect us to move for Grealish if Messi doesn't pan out, my logic was more I expect us to move in harder for him should Haaland doesn't work out either due to the reasons above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.