Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that isn’t true. After yesterday’s news, you can count on the club signing AT LEAST ONE striker. Even if we have a list of ten names and they all don’t work out, we would still have to find another name and bring in. You can’t have one striker in your squad, that “striker” being Jesus lmao. A position has to be filled even if it’s by... Danny Ings lol. However, if it were up to me, I would sign two strikers, just as last summer I was saying we should be signing one
Nothing is a certainty that we'd 100% get a striker this summer. One thing that we know is that the club puts a valuation on a player and will walk away if the price isn't right. So if Dortmund stick to their 180m for Haaland, Levy is the same and puts a crazy price on Kane and Inter don't sell Lukaku we could end up waiting till the following season. The same way when Kompany left and everyone though we'd get a CB. We waited to get Dias. Jorginho was as good as done, then Chelsea and Saari swooped in for him. We waited until the following season to get Rodri. I don't believe what you think in that it would be any different because it's a striker.

Yes, when his form wasn’t this good, and I was still impressed
I haven’t seen him playing in Italy and apparently he’s got some fitness back, but can’t see how anyone could be impressed with him before he left England, he really was shit then.

Nothing is a certainty that we'd 100% get a striker this summer. One thing that we know is that the club puts a valuation on a player and will walk away if the price isn't right. So if Dortmund stick to their 180m for Haaland, Levy is the same and puts a crazy price on Kane and Inter don't sell Lukaku we could end up waiting till the following season. The same way when Kompany left and everyone though we'd get a CB. We waited to get Dias. Jorginho was as good as done, then Chelsea and Saari swooped in for him. We waited until the following season to get Rodri. I don't believe what you think in that it would be any different because it's a striker.
How is the striker situation comparable to the previous CB situation? That was a conscious decision. We had options. We don’t have options now. If we weren’t dead set on signing a striker, we wouldn’t have announced the departure of Aguero in March, period. You may disagree but this is obvious. Not even debating this anymore, it’s pointless. It’s happening even if those three options fail

Ezzy had so much certainty too in his postings. I always wonder if he knew someone that claimed to be ITK that he went all in on or if he was just that convincing at making stuff up. If he were here now he'd be telling us that Grealish isn't on the cards as we're after some unknown 17 year old Italian player.

And the deal was done, contract signed and terms agreed.

There are ways of reading the clues in the media and seeing who’s credible and who’s not and therefore knowing who we are after and who we’re not. This is true for this summer just as it was true every other summer.
But that we will sign a striker is not about knowing who the targets are. It is now the #1 priority in our to-do list in the summer

Who are the credible ones ?

How is the striker situation comparable to the previous CB situation? That was a conscious decision. We had options. We don’t have options now. If we weren’t dead set on signing a striker, we wouldn’t have announced the departure of Aguero in March, period. You may disagree but this is obvious. Not even debating this anymore, it’s pointless. It’s happening even if those three options fail
You're right it's not. As we can see from this and last season a good CB is much more valuable.

Who are the credible ones ?
The ones with a good track record. Can’t say I follow specific individuals very closely but some journalists are clearly more reliable than others.

To say that we can’t know who we are targeting at all because no one could possibly know and all journalists are useless is just as extreme of a view as believing every single transfer rumour in the papers. The truth is somewhere between the two.

There’s only so many times a day I can reply to this craziness about false nines, I’m sorry. 34 year old Messi being played as a false 9 in some games has no effect in the striker. There is no chance in hell that Pep would bring in a player to “fill in a false 9 position” without a proper striker therefore announcing to the world and making your game wildly predictable. He may be a crazy genius but he isn’t crazy stupid

We have a "proper striker" in Jesus.

I dont know why you are so adamant that Pep will give up completely on a system that is bringing him, as it stands, a lot of success. This must be the 20th time you have called it crazy/stupid to consider we won't buy a traditional number 9.

The facts are that Jesus and Aguero have sat on the bench for 20+ games this season when fit and a midfielder has played ahead of them as a false 9. Clearly this not a decision based on the availability of the strikers so it must be a tactical decision.

It is not crazy to think he would stick with the same tactics this season, plus he used a similar system at Barcelona so maybe this is actually his ideal way to play but Aguero has been too good to leave out over the last 4 years.

We have a "proper striker" in Jesus.

I dont know why you are so adamant that Pep will give up completely on a system that is bringing him, as it stands, a lot of success. This must be the 20th time you have called it crazy/stupid to consider we won't buy a traditional number 9.

The facts are that Jesus and Aguero have sat on the bench for 20+ games this season when fit and a midfielder has played ahead of them as a false 9. Clearly this not a decision based on the availability of the strikers so it must be a tactical decision.

It is not crazy to think he would stick with the same tactics this season, plus he used a similar system at Barcelona so maybe this is actually his ideal way to play but Aguero has been too good to leave out over the last 4 years.
This is so historically wrong and false and conceptually ignorant about him and his theories that I don’t even know where to begin. But for you to pretend Aguero has been on the bench the entire season and not been used out of a “tactical choice” is really too much. I am not saying he won’t have false 9’s next season, I am saying a serious club who wants to win everything in a season like us can’t make a decision not to buy a traditional 9. This would be the same as the Ferrari or Mercedes thinking they have built a car so good they can afford not to have a Lewis Hamilton to drive them. It’s plain malpractice and I don’t even know why I’m wasting my time making the same obvious point a thousand times. Even today a writer who is very close to Pep tweeted that the club is giving him a striker like he wants. I wonder if deep down I’m being trolled here. So I’ll just stopped being dragged down this crazy path. Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.