Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a "proper striker" in Jesus.

I dont know why you are so adamant that Pep will give up completely on a system that is bringing him, as it stands, a lot of success. This must be the 20th time you have called it crazy/stupid to consider we won't buy a traditional number 9.

The facts are that Jesus and Aguero have sat on the bench for 20+ games this season when fit and a midfielder has played ahead of them as a false 9. Clearly this not a decision based on the availability of the strikers so it must be a tactical decision.

It is not crazy to think he would stick with the same tactics this season, plus he used a similar system at Barcelona so maybe this is actually his ideal way to play but Aguero has been too good to leave out over the last 4 years.
I think we will target a player like jao felix
Personally i think it suits the way we play.

Never get why we are linked with this guy. He is nothing special not top quality and so obviously doesn’t fit our team.

Hes a great player for sure.. but I just cant see his role for him in the team, his thing is mostly carrying ball progression (from deeper) and City doesn't really play like that, they let the ball do the work when ball progression is needed KDB mostly does that.. I can see him being a rotation player on the flanks perhaps (theres already a lot of quality players on that rotation as it is now) but I cant see Pep giving him a free role centrally. He is very much unlike David Silva for instance who loves tight spaces between the lines to thread balls thru further from.

And its a hella lot of money to pay for player that is not really meant to make a serious difference or a clear defined role in the starting 11. Its a conundrum

Last edited:
Hes a great player for sure.. but I just cant see his role for him in the team, his thing is mostly carrying ball progression (from deeper) and City doesn't really play like that, they let the ball do the work when ball progression is needed KDB mostly does that.. I can see him being a rotation player on the flanks perhaps (theres already a lot of quality players on that rotation as it is now) but I cant see Pep giving him a free role centrally. He is very much unlike David Silva for instance who loves tight spaces between the lines to thread balls thru further from.

And its a hella lot of money to pay for player that is not really meant to make a serious difference or a clear defined role in the starting 11. Its a conundrum
So you think Pep would want him without knowing what to do with him?

Have you had message from Pep.. I dont trust any of the media on City, its mostly conjecture from a lot of different sources within the club, and giving out lists of targets (in positions) helps the club in their negations. I think we will have to wait a long while into the summer before anything concrete comes out regarding this target.

I just see him more of a Real, ManU, Spurs, Chelsea (Hazards role) kind of player with not as defined roles within the positional play than a Man City/Barca type of player where a lot things is systematic. The modern day Gascoigne one might say..

Last edited:
Have you had message from Pep.. I dont trust any of the media on City, its mostly conjecture from a lot of different sources within the club, and giving out lists of targets (in positions) helps the club in their negations. I think we will have to wait a long while into the summer before anything concrete comes out regarding this target.

I just see him more of a Real, ManU, Spurs, Chelsea (Hazards role) kind of player with not as defined roles within the positional play than a Man City/Barca type of player where a lot things is systematic. The modern day Gascoigne one might say..
No, I haven’t received a message from Pep but I can read the tealeaves from trusted sources in the media and even in this forum to presume the interest is real, and given how he’s a textbook “Pep player”, I can also presume that either he has asked for him or agreed to getting him. It’s also been talked about that KdB admires him. You might think it’s all bullshit and that’s fair, to each their own. But I look around in the Premier League and Grealish is the standout player when I think of “who would Pep want in his team?”, and it’s not close.

“I just see him more of a Real, ManU, Spurs, Chelsea (Hazards role) kind of player with not as defined roles within the positional play than a Man City/Barca type of player where a lot things is systematic” I don’t agree with this at all. Our positional play is not as systematic as you think, and that’s not how Pep imagines the game. I also think it’s limited to think that a player needs to be scouted only if the way they play in their team is exactly the same as he would play in our team. And our own scouting and signing picks prove we don’t work like that.

we’ll see what happens

Maybe the club are also thinking post Pep. We have no idea when he will call it a day,

99% of mortal managers need a centre forward. Why not buy the best prospect out there?

Pep can work his magic with him and when the sad day comes that he decides to leave, we have a world class poacher who’s learned Pepball to lead us through the next manager’s era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.