Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
How you know that story in the Mail is guesswork:

"It is unclear whether any deal would be in straight cash or involve City players who have struggled for game time."

In what fucking universe would any of our players want to go to Aston fucking Villa?

Also, zero chance we would spend 100m on Grealish. The only chance of us spending that kind of money is on an Aguero replacement, not someone to pad the squad.

Kane or Haaland? Sure, there's a pressing need and a premium to pay. But Grealish is not getting in the side ahead of Foden, De Bruyne or Gundogan any time soon, so he'd be competing with Bernardo, Sterling, Mahrez, Torres and even Jesus. Doesn't exactly sound like an area where we're likely to spend 100m does it?
Its also one for the future, he can play in the mid or false 9, or on the wings, and mahrez, gundo are probably gone in a few years

We have to keep the squad fresh. Don’t and next season when 1/2 underperform we will be demanding changes. Bernie at the start of this season was rubbish likewise Mahrez and Kev had a few patchy periods after injuries. We need to stop being so precious about the players.

Grealish will improve the team leaving us stronger as a club to challenge next season. Some players will be sold to balance the books and some will be brought in to replace those players who do not accept their roles within the squad. You have to know when to sell IMO. Age,wages,winning mentality must be evaluated.

Why would Villa sell when he signed a five year contract last summer.
Ah come on mate. Grealish wanted to move last summer and had a £65m release clause to move to a CL team but covid stopped any move happening.

He was on relative peanuts and Villa rewarded him with a new improved contract and new release clause for a higher amount. Grealish was happy to sign that to earn more, have a final year at Villa and still get his move a year later to have a chance at major honours.

I'm not saying many think that, but browsing this thread, it has come up a few times, hence the comment.

I mean, your second comment negates the entirety of alot of discussion on this thread, people are literally discussing who should make way for these players, why can't this be discussed or cared about by fans? Obviously it's the managers problem to deal with.

If someone says I want these 5 world class players, and someone responds with "Who is going to go?", if the answer is "Not my problem, Pep should deal with it", there isn't any discussion to be had.

I have given my opinion on who he replaces several times on this thread but ultimately it really is that simple.For whatever reason.....loyalty,clouded judgement,not liking/rating the kid.......It seems people are very resistant to the thought that he will come in and replace our existing players.

I see most things in a binary manner,and thats the case here....Grealish improves our team,he would bring hunger/desire/leadership and ability......so IMO he's needed and welcome.

Check the ten years after that. We’re a well run club not a knee jerk bunch of reactionist idiots. Certainly not at board level.
Totally agree but two times after winning the title we did not strengthen well and it showed the following season.

I don't want Grealish anywhere near this side, but it seems there may be something in this one, and if there is there must be someone leaving.

If we win on Saturday night there may be players in the squad who think that's it I have done it all, and may want a step backwards.

Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.