Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to keep the squad fresh. Don’t and next season when 1/2 underperform we will be demanding changes. Bernie at the start of this season was rubbish likewise Mahrez and Kev had a few patchy periods after injuries. We need to stop being so precious about the players.

Grealish will improve the team leaving us stronger as a club to challenge next season. Some players will be sold to balance the books and some will be brought in to replace those players who do not accept their roles within the squad. You have to know when to sell IMO. Age,wages,winning mentality must be evaluated.

I have given my opinion on who he replaces several times on this thread but ultimately it really is that simple.For whatever reason.....loyalty,clouded judgement,not liking/rating the kid.......It seems people are very resistant to the thought that he will come in and replace our existing players.

I see most things in a binary manner,and thats the case here....Grealish improves our team,he would bring hunger/desire/leadership and ability......so IMO he's needed and welcome.

That is fair. In the sense that you at least acknowledge someone has to leave for it to happen, and you are ok with that. I disagree myself, but whatever.

It is the view that we would simply add him to the squad, because the season is long, I was challenging. Of Course as a straight up addition he would improve our squad. I mean, as a straight up addition, jonjo fucking shelvey would improve our squad, or literally Any professional footballer, that is how extra numbers over a long season work. It is not what you spend 80m (conservatively) on though. If he is coming in, he replaces someone, and someone big where both a starting place is there and money can be recouped. That we seem to agree on.

I'd rather keep any one of our players, but that is me. It is simply not true, in isolation, to just say he would improve our squad, and leave it at that. It implies he could replace any one of our midfield and make us better, including kev and foden. Instead of certain players, perhaps, matter of opinion, Hence my question.

Either way, the only way I see it happening is if the club know one wants to leave, or they know which one they'd like to leave which possibly is less likely.

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that there is no release clause for Grealish. The bid is £100mill minimum before they will talk. I hope I’m wrong...

Totally agree but two times after winning the title we did not strengthen well and it showed the following season.

I don't want Grealish anywhere near this side, but it seems there may be something in this one, and if there is there must be someone leaving.

If we win on Saturday night there may be players in the squad who think that's it I have done it all, and may want a step backwards.

Time will tell.

Last paragraph is a very valid point. I've thought that myself, it may be that it tip one or two who have been struggling for consistent playing time to end it on that. Bernardo is one that I see as that. Gundogan, very much the other. Despite the season he has had and how integral he has become, I could see him calling it quits on a high.

Don’t believe it! We ain’t paying 100m
Then we don’t get the player. Unless he kicks up a stink similar to Mahrez and try and drive the price down then I don’t see it. But he’s been sold the dream that the team will be built around him and they’re investing more blah blah. What would you think a good price would be? Or even City’s expected fee to be?

We will recoup around 50m in sales think we will spend around 130m net..

If that is true, then I doubt it will be Graelish and Kane we are getting. I can't see those two happening at 180m.
If Graelish is coming, someone else leaves and we Should really recoup more than 50m however.

Pro active - creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.

Exactly the type of signing Grealish would be. Mahrez is getting older, Phil and Torres futures lie probably down the middle, bernardo is mainly in the middle these days and now you look and we’re thin on the wings within 1/2 years.

We have seen with countless players how tough it is to get up to speed with peps system it can take a full season for some of them, signing Grealish now isnt a ‘pointless’ signing it is being pro active not reactive and just acting in the summer of actually needing a winger/inside forward and then having the extra pressure of having to get up to speed right away you bed him in and that’s another position sorted without having to go and panic buy the summer after when you have to buy in that position.

Oh and it helps that he’s absolute dynamite, not sure why but some people just can’t look past his different hairstyle and socks which is very bizarre as our greatest ever player wore his socks just as low and dyed his hair bleach blonde for about 4 years but didn’t bother them then. His weight of passes are only second to KDB and his ability to dictate the speed of the attack is amazing it’s no shock pep really wants him.

Kane and Grealish in for me with maybe a departure of Jesus to somewhere, the emergence of Torres through the middle will probably put him to 3rd choice striker next season and I think he’ll be pushing for a move more than the club wanting to move him on tbh.

Grealish signed his new long term contract when Covid was rife so he ain’t daft he put in a buy out clause as reported at the time in a the media by a few outlets!

Jack Grealish's new Aston Villa contract contains a release clause, it has been reported. ... Though this offer was rebuffed following Villa's takeover by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens, The Times report that the new deal contains a clause which would allow Grealish to leave for an offer in excess of £45m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.