Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to some extent @The Stockport Iniesta I think, if nothing else, we should shake it up by switching them round during the game. Mahrez has an unbelievable touch and control, but Sterling's movement is far better. If full backs have both types of player to come up against, it's a hard afternoon for them.

I guess it also highlights another problem - Sterling and Mahrez are THE biggest hot-or-cold players on the team. When they aren't on form, they generally are useless. This isn't to say I don't rate either player, but they would both be on the list to go if we get our money back.
Sterling has 114 goals for city since signing. a cluster of which is in the last 4 seasons, you don’t discount numbers like that, regardless if he isn’t easy on the eye sometimes.... the goat was the same, the purists always seem to advocate style over substance...

A huge part of our achievements over the last 6 years, with 9 domestic trophies (minus charity shield)... be careful what you wish for!

It's a fair point @Zin 'messiah' Zimmer and I've said I think his movement is superb. I do think when he plays well he is unplayable and is very capable. Watching England sums him up - top scorer, could've had more, great movement and as likely to dribble past 6 players and chip the keeper as balloon a ball from 5 yards out! :)

I loved the Goat, hence the name, he was one of those players who made football look very hard but always came up with the goods :)

Amazingly gifted player with superb technique and maybe the best first touch in the league.He's also a bit flaky and a bit of a fairy.....but more positives than negatives though,and has justified his price tag.

The FFS tag is grim.
Agree about the FFS stuff. At the very best it’s a tired, boring joke now. Not sure calling him a “fairy” is much better though either tbf.

Sterling has 114 goals for city since signing. a cluster of which is in the last 4 seasons, you don’t discount numbers like that, regardless if he isn’t easy on the eye sometimes.... the goat was the same, the purists always seem to advocate style over substance...

A huge part of our achievements over the last 6 years, with 9 domestic trophies (minus charity shield)... be careful what you wish for!
I think advocating more "get back to the level of August - January 2017" as that's the standard he set and world class players consistently maintain their level, or re-find it after a brief dip.

Either get back to your best or let's find someone who will reach that level, or surpass it. We're at the top we can't afford to carry people when our rivals will come back fresh.

Amazingly gifted player with superb technique and maybe the best first touch in the league.He's also a bit flaky and a bit of a fairy.....but more positives than negatives though,and has justified his price tag.

The FFS tag is grim.

Is he a bit of a “fairy” though?

He doesn’t really complain or winge much. He never hides and if anything his faults have been when he’s tried too hard.

Agree about the FFS stuff. At the very best it’s a tired, boring joke now. Not sure calling him a “fairy” is much better though either tbf.

I thought it fitted well,but maybe you can come up with a better term for a player who doesn't fancy the rough stuff,lacks leadership qualities,and can disappear when the going gets tough?

I thought it fitted well,but maybe you can come up with a better term for a player who doesn't fancy the rough stuff,lacks leadership qualities,and can disappear when the going gets tough?
Lightweight?
The issue with "fairy" is it could be viewed as suggesting he is more akin to (say) Kenneth Williams than (say) Andy Morrison - and I'm sure you would prefer to distance yourself from that accusation?

Grealish is a great player.

He's always drawing fouls, and we need that in the team - something we're lacking IMO. As Johan Cruyff always said: the quality of your game is not measured by the amount of goals you score, but by the amount of fouls you are awarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.