Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree @Mad 4 It .

I find him really frustrating and he is probably the most skillful player at the club. His touch, passing and finishing are absolutely top class... but for some reason he can't do it at a consistent standard.

Sane was similar - unplayable on his day, but picked his days!

Mahrez is capable of blowing red hot and pretty cold for me. On his day, he is superb but he's had too many games whilst he's been here where he just doesn't look up to it.

Personally, and this won't be a popular opinion, but these kind of players would be the ones I'd sell when they are in form.

He's 30 now and from what I can read Barcelona, Real and PSG are interested. If we can get something like what we paid for him I'd let him go. He is definitely replaceable.
My only problem with Mahrez is that he's a left footer on the right, when that's coupled with a right footer on the left (Sterling) it makes our attacking play more congested centrally and predictable. See the CL final. Still haven't a clue what Pep was thinking playing inverted wingers against 3 cb's and 2 sitting mids.

I agree to some extent @The Stockport Iniesta I think, if nothing else, we should shake it up by switching them round during the game. Mahrez has an unbelievable touch and control, but Sterling's movement is far better. If full backs have both types of player to come up against, it's a hard afternoon for them.

I guess it also highlights another problem - Sterling and Mahrez are THE biggest hot-or-cold players on the team. When they aren't on form, they generally are useless. This isn't to say I don't rate either player, but they would both be on the list to go if we get our money back.

i dont know how anyone can compare sterling to mahrez
mahrez slightly inconsistant but a fantastic player
sterling cant make a 5 yard pass, misses most of his chances, runs into blind alleys
it must be infuriating playing up front with him.

I'm sure Pep will read this, 4th PL title in 5 here we come.
I'm sure he will. Sitting there in his mansion and sipping his PL-winning champers :)

I think Mahrez and Sterling are good players, exceptional on their day. However, I think we can do better. Both players are - at the moment - worth more than what we paid for them. That's why, if they want to leave, I'd be happy for them to leave and wish them all the best. I don't think any, even Sterling's Mam, would say he had a good season this year!

Mahrez was, for me, consistently one of our better players last season and possibly our most reliable forward. Not to mention unbelievably important goals and stepping up.

Totally agree @Mad 4 It .

I find him really frustrating and he is probably the most skillful player at the club. His touch, passing and finishing are absolutely top class... but for some reason he can't do it at a consistent standard.

Sane was similar - unplayable on his day, but picked his days!
Sane was a luxury going fwd he did fuckall defending in a Pep team it wasn't enough

I agree to some extent @The Stockport Iniesta I think, if nothing else, we should shake it up by switching them round during the game. Mahrez has an unbelievable touch and control, but Sterling's movement is far better. If full backs have both types of player to come up against, it's a hard afternoon for them.

I guess it also highlights another problem - Sterling and Mahrez are THE biggest hot-or-cold players on the team. When they aren't on form, they generally are useless. This isn't to say I don't rate either player, but they would both be on the list to go if we get our money back.

The problem as I see it is that much in the same way Sterling is going to go back to 50+ goals and assists a season when we get a proper number 9, there's a good chance Mahrez is going to revert to how he played before last season's system change.

We're not going to sell him, so it's all pretty irrelevant, but I would not be surprised at all if he melts back into a more background position.

The new striker is already going to take up a starting spot in (almost) every XI, and if Torres keeps developing and Sterling's form returns as well as the addition of Grealish...Mahrez goes back to being a rotation option and I think he even said himself he struggles when not starting every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.