Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something (or someone) is going to have to give in our already crammed department of creative midfield players.

Gundo, KDB, Mahrez, Phil, Bernie... I know all good teams evolve but this is a sideways step UNLESS one of the aforementioned have expressed a preference to leave. And before anyone says Grealish is better than x, y, z, the current crop won us the League, the Carabau Cup and got us to the CL final.

I obviously don't rate Grealish as highly as some on here, i can see there is a player there , i don't think he's shit but just think 100m is way too much to pay.
What do i know though, as others have said, it's not my money i suppose

I don't care about the price but don't see where he plays. Ahead of Foden I imagine- and I'm surprised how many on here are fine with that.

I think it's incredibly naive to pretend Pep will suddenly forget about his obsession with playing midfielders on the wing. Grealish, Foden, Sterling, Mahrez and Torres all fighting for the same spot next season will lead to at least two of them being disappointed.

for the non believers get yourself on Rawk or the Cafe and take it in what there saying, there chucking the title towel in for the next 5 years with Kane and Grealish at city,,,does that not tell you a thing or two
Had a look at Rawk, they aren't worried about us signing an old player with ankles made of crisps like Kane

I obviously don't rate Grealish as highly as some on here, i can see there is a player there , i don't think he's shit but just think 100m is way too much to pay.
What do i know though, as others have said, it's not my money i suppose
Don’t listen to the it’s not your money argument. It’s the laziest non-sensical argument made on here. If City spend money badly on a player it has a massive impact on the club both in terms of money that could have been spent elsewhere and the wages you need not have paid. The fact that it’s not you that’s paying is irrelevant you still have a point if you believe as a club we are wasting money.

I happen to think 100 is ok for him given age and ability.

At least you know every deal is well researched to prevent as few Mangalas as possible in the future.

Talking of which I never realised it was Mangala that injured Zab…

Last edited:
Something (or someone) is going to have to give in our already crammed department of creative midfield players.

Gundo, KDB, Mahrez, Phil, Bernie... I know all good teams evolve but this is a sideways step UNLESS one of the aforementioned have expressed a preference to leave. And before anyone says Grealish is better than x, y, z, the current crop won us the League, the Carabau Cup and got us to the CL final.
Bernardo apparently asked to leave as much as 12 months ago. Seems to be Atletico for him, maybe Barca if they magic some money from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.