Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments in this thread have made me chuckle...

What the hell does it matter whether the bloke has an extravagant haircut and has his socks rolled down? Why should anyone genuinely care what he looks like?

At the end of the day, he is paid well to play football and if he is good at that, why should any of the other irrelevant shit matter?

I never understand when people invest half of their time in criticising a player's appearance. I find it very bizarre.

Moving on from that... i really rate the lad. He has a good football brain, he is very creative (backed up by his chance creation stats), he is very good at carrying the ball and evading challenges and he has a decent eye for goal. He also has an industrious side to the game and works hard off the ball. There are only two issues with him...

1) He would cost over 60m. Better value for money abroad.
2) He played on the left side of the attack for Villa and we don't really need a player in that position

If City were to sign him, i could see Pep possibly mould him into a central attacking player. I am not sure he has the defensive discipline as De Bruyne does in that number 8 role, but if we did buy him it would be interesting to see how he would adapt.

To finish off, i have seen a lot of comments about people saying he is a poser, he is flash, a Man Utd type, a big time charlie... but i personally think he is misunderstood. Yes, he got caught drink diving during lockdown, but don't young players make mistakes? After all, what Sterling did at 18 was a lot worse (arrested for domestic violence of his GF at the time). Every interview i have seen him in, he has come across really well, really humble and really down to earth. I quite like the fact that he is a boyhood Aston Villa fan and he has captained the club to the premier league, took them to a league cup final and even kept them up in the premier league.

Players like Dele Alli and James Maddison come across very arrogant for me, but i don't see that with Grealish. I think because he comes across as vain, that can sometimes be miscontrued as arrogance. There is nothing wrong with someone caring about their appearance, Beckham cares a lot about his appearance and still comes across very genuine.

Some of the comments in this thread have made me chuckle...

What the hell does it matter whether the bloke has an extravagant haircut and has his socks rolled down? Why should anyone genuinely care what he looks like?

At the end of the day, he is paid well to play football and if he is good at that, why should any of the other irrelevant shit matter?

I never understand when people invest half of their time in criticising a player's appearance. I find it very bizarre.

Moving on from that... i really rate the lad. He has a good football brain, he is very creative (backed up by his chance creation stats), he is very good at carrying the ball and evading challenges and he has a decent eye for goal. He also has an industrious side to the game and works hard off the ball. There are only two issues with him...

1) He would cost over 60m. Better value for money abroad.
2) He played on the left side of the attack for Villa and we don't really need a player in that position

If City were to sign him, i could see Pep possibly mould him into a central attacking player. I am not sure he has the defensive discipline as De Bruyne does in that number 8 role, but if we did buy him it would be interesting to see how he would adapt.

To finish off, i have seen a lot of comments about people saying he is a poser, he is flash, a Man Utd type, a big time charlie... but i personally think he is misunderstood. Yes, he got caught drink diving during lockdown, but don't young players make mistakes? After all, what Sterling did at 18 was a lot worse (arrested for domestic violence of his GF at the time). Every interview i have seen him in, he has come across really well, really humble and really down to earth. I quite like the fact that he is a boyhood Aston Villa fan and he has captained the club to the premier league, took them to a league cup final and even kept them up in the premier league.

Players like Dele Alli and James Maddison come across very arrogant for me, but i don't see that with Grealish. I think because he comes across as vain, that can sometimes be miscontrued as arrogance. There is nothing wrong with someone caring about their appearance, Beckham cares a lot about his appearance and still comes across very genuine.
I agree... would be a good signing from a footballing perspective , no interest in the rest.

He had great stats for last season. Good attitude on the pitch, leads by example. Not so good off the pitch. I’d have him In our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.