Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a multi-millionsite, already teed up for a life of luxury, and with just a couple of years of a fleeting career left, yes, I’d consider those other options. Particularly as Madrid have apparently offered a safety net.

Sorry if I’m old fashioned enough to put a low value on being filthy rich and entitled.

I hear you that there are more important things in life than being filthy rich.

That said there are also more important things than football. Bale scored an overhead kick in a European Cup final, he has nothing left to prove.

Let's say he has to take a 50% pay cut, that's £24m. Can you think of things more important than football that you'd do with £24m?

A very quick Google tells me he's likely to give it away. Can quickly find articles showing he's donatee £1.5m to medical charities.

So yes some things in life are more important.

I find it quite refreshing and admirable that he’s committed himself to Villa. Yeah he’ll be earning a fortune but he would earn a fortune wherever he went. This could have been his only chance to move to a huge club but he’s given up the opportunity to potentially win loads of medals to play for his club in his city where he’s adored. Respect

Forever the big fish in a little pond with no medals and a few England Caps.

Bit of a waste really, will now never fulfil his potential. Whatever he owed Villa he payed them back and some last year for dragging them up by the bootstraps to just avoid relegation and a day out at Wembley. Be lucky to stay up this year and every year likely to be a struggle. There'll be no sentiment from anyone if they go down.
Perhaps nobody offered anything like the money they were after and Villa are just protecting their investment. TIme waits for no man though Jacky boy - tick tock.

Last edited:
I find it quite refreshing and admirable that he’s committed himself to Villa. Yeah he’ll be earning a fortune but he would earn a fortune wherever he went. This could have been his only chance to move to a huge club but he’s given up the opportunity to potentially win loads of medals to play for his club in his city where he’s adored. Respect
Hes commited himself because there is no other option right now, why not take 140k a week and get to January and see what he has on the table.

He hasn't chosen Villa over other clubs by choice.

Hes commited himself because there is no other option right now, why not take 140k a week and get to January and see what he has on the table.

He hasn't chosen Villa over other clubs by choice.

Nah I’m not having that. If he hadn’t signed a new contract he’d be more affordable in jan or next summer. He could have had his pick of clubs and earned even more as the transfer fee would have been lower

Unless his new contract has release clauses which is possible

Nah I’m not having that. If he hadn’t signed a new contract he’d be more affordable in jan or next summer. He could have had his pick of clubs and earned even more as the transfer fee would have been lower

Unless his new contract has release clauses which is possible
Contracts mean nothing, see Delph signing a new one at Villa and professing his love for the club then leaving two days later.

His price is the same regardless it seems, to Villa he is worth 80 odd and no one will pay that.

Grealish could break his leg next week and never play again, you want him to stick to his 40/50k a week and hope someone comes in for him next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.