Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden has already proven his worth by becoming one of the most important players in one of the best sides in the world before he hit 21.
His footballing education has been surrounded by and learning from the best players and management in world football.
Of course he's still not finished that education and still has more growing and improving to go but that will just see him ecome the best player in the world over time instead of just one of the best in the league where he is right now.

If we do sign Grealish it'll be because somebody is likely to leave and he's a player who could fit into our squad no problem as a replacement not because Foden is the answer to a question not being asked...
Not thinking Grealish is the second best player in the league doesn't make that person non appreciative of non City players, it just makes that person sane.
Grealish is quality, I'd be happy if he signed but he's not done anything close to warrant the accolades being thrown at him from some quarters.

Grealish has 'proven his worth', also...unless you believe the only way you can do so is by 'winning something'?

He dragged Villa out of the Championship on his shoulders and kept them up when they were newly promoted, with a basically new team, and has put in consistent, game-controlling performances, improving year-on-year.

Phil Foden is amazing for his age, and MAY become the best in the world in the future. I don't believe he could've taken a Villa team on his shoulders, inspired them, and 'achieved' what Jack has in the last three seasons, though.

Grealish has 'proven his worth', also...unless you believe the only way you can do so is by 'winning something'?

He dragged Villa out of the Championship on his shoulders and kept them up when they were newly promoted, with a basically new team, and has put in consistent, game-controlling performances, improving year-on-year.

Phil Foden is amazing for his age, and MAY become the best in the world in the future. I don't believe he could've taken a Villa team on his shoulders, inspired them, and 'achieved' what Jack has in the last three seasons, though.
At 17, no he probably couldn't. This version of Foden we are seeing now though could have, absolutely.

I agree,the extra few years Grealish has on Phil have given him an edge in terms of leadership and inspiration.I am seeing more and more of that in our boy though,and i wouldnt be surprised to see him fighting Dias for the armband in a couple more years.

Pretty much immaterial to the current debate what Grealish achieved in the Championship. Foden has starred in CL where as Grealish has never even played in the competition

Unfair comparison though, considering Grealish is older and much more experienced.

Why haven’t they come out and said we ain’t selling him know matter how much is offered? That’s what having wealthy owners can do..

The Villa fans know they don't want to sell. The Villa fans know Grealish won't 'play up' to get a move. Why do they need to comment on a situation that hasn't happened?

Unfair comparison though, considering Grealish is older and much more experienced.

My comment was in reply to someone mentioning Foden's achievements, and claiming Grealish had achieved nothing of note, or words to that effect.

I also said in the sentence before that which you highlighted, Foden's amazing for his age, so...

Ferguson was a bully who controlled the press coverage that came out of OT. Public only ever heard one side of that story in my opinion. Could you imagine if Pep hit a player with a football boot?
I don't doubt any of that but he also saw a problem with the ammount of attention Beckhams 'celebrity status ' brought as well.....and he wasnt wrong

I don't doubt any of that but he also saw a problem with the ammount of attention Beckhams 'celebrity status ' brought as well.....and he wasnt wrong
He was becoming bigger than the club, you can't have that anywhere, and hence why he left.

Ironically you could say the same with Ferguson and why they still let him hang around and stink the place out, crazy, but it makes the Little Fellas job impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.