Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his exit is managed the right way and he says all the things the villa fans need to hear then I don't see why they should hold the move against him. They know he loves the club, they probably expect him to return at some point as well.
Yeah, of course I could be wrong, the human race isn't a good bet these days.
I mean yeah that's optimistic. But what makes it any different to Gareth Barry? He was club captain and had been there for 11 years when he joined us. He also turned down a lucrative Villa deal to join, and back then they had top 4 ambitions too (and were closer then).

I don't think we're going to really change each other's minds here. But I hope he signs and after the game at Villa you're the one saying I told you so, even though I doubt it'll be that way.

If his exit is managed the right way and he says all the things the villa fans need to hear then I don't see why they should hold the move against him. They know he loves the club, they probably expect him to return at some point as well.
Yeah, of course I could be wrong, the human race isn't a good bet these days.
80m plus add on's is brilliant business for Villa.

Significantly improves there squad if they buy well and they could kick on again next season

£100m? Is that the fee that is being discussed? If so, I wouldn't be too unhappy if I were you providing it all goes back into the squad

I don't know that a fee IS being discussed! :-)

I was just repeating what the poster said.

£100m would be the absolute mimimum, tbf. It would all definitely be spent though, yes.

I mean yeah that's optimistic. But what makes it any different to Gareth Barry? He was club captain and had been there for 11 years when he joined us. He also turned down a lucrative Villa deal to join, and back then they had top 4 ambitions too (and were closer then).

I don't think we're going to really change each other's minds here. But I hope he signs and after the game at Villa you're the one saying I told you so, even though I doubt it'll be that way.
I mean, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. Haha! They could well tear him to shreds and it's just a case of wishful thinking on my end.

seems like villa fans think they are going to break into the top 6 this season. personally hoping they get relegated

80m plus add on's is brilliant business for Villa.

Significantly improves there squad if they buy well and they could kick on again next season

No, it's not...and there's no chance he'd be sold for that price.

Reactions: EJC
The hate Grealish will get from Villa fans after this "betrayal" will be worse than Barry and Delph combined x100.
Let’s just hope Grealish doesn’t melt like most of our signings returning to their former club. Most other players, and it seems especially City players used to love sticking it to us when they come back. All of ours usually hide. Worst offender was Nasri playing Arsenal.

I mean, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. Haha! They could well tear him to shreds and it's just a case of wishful thinking on my end.
Tbh, (I'm making a big assumption here) I suspect why your Villa supporting mates are positive about the thing is because they're your mates, and decent folk tend to be a bit more considerate about their friend's perspective. Even if they aren't really your friends human interaction is generally a lot more civil than online. I'm sure if they asked you about the possibility of him staying you'd be able to say a few things supporting the idea, in a genuine way too.

But when there's 30,000+ of them all together, they may not have that need to be considerate anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.