Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a reasonable degree of comparison (not identical in all points, obviously) of the situation for Villa and Spurs fans is us and Shaun Wright-Phillips. Obviously if you've got a very talented young player at your gaff you don't want them to leave for higher wages/a bigger club/more likelihood of trophies. You want them to stay with you and dream about them helping your club/team make a step up (not trophies immediately, of course — but it takes bricks to make a house). I would like people to hold up their hands, think back and say if they were enraged by it at the time. Personally, I can genuinely say I wasn't. Deeply sad, yes. But it was just in the order of things, by that point. It was the way football was. I was pretty philosophical. As it turned out, it didn't really amount to a career changing move for SWP. As I remember it, he spent a lot of time on the bench at Chelsea. Which seemed like a waste.
Actually, I say it's the way football was at that time. But thinking back, it's much older: I'd be curious to know what the feeling was of, say, a lifelong Watford supporter when Liverpool just rocked up and swooped for John Barnes, saying “I'll have that!”. Probably the best player Watford ever had, although it seems to have been airbrushed out of football history (not least by the player himself — you'd think he'd been born on Scotland Road).

Fair play to you. I hope you're right. He excites me as a footballer. Good luck to you, too.
Cheers Pal. I think if you get Kane as well then you'll retain the title with over 100 points, only team I can see challenging you in Europe is PSG as Madrid, Barca etc aren't the powerhouses they once were. Can't see United challenging, they're deluded if they think Sancho will do the same numbers over here that he did in Germany. The scousers are skint and can't replace Wijnaldum and Chelsea aren't going to win the league unless they actually do sign Haaland, even then their first 11 is miles off being the best in the league.

Cheers, mate. I think I'll stick around...now I've found the block button! ;-)

Stick around. You'll get some shit but the forum is richer for some decent rival fans being here. Just don't start slagging off because you're only here to take abuse, not dish it out!

You replied to a post of mine over the weekend, which I can't be arsed to directly respond to. But it's good to see your hope and optimism over him staying at Villa. I don't think he will personally, but that might be more in hope he joins City than for any other reason.

Timing-wise it just makes sense to move this summer. Most of the England lads will be thinking ahead to the world cup. The likes of Kane and Grealish have only known losing finals but being that close to success will make them hungry for more and Villa just aren't going to compete for the title or to play in the CL which is what he'll want. A league cup or FA Cup win would be fine, but he can do more than that and regardless of Villa's rise, the step to league titles and the CL is huge and unlikely to happen in the next few years.

If he signs this summer he can settle in with enough time to ensure he's part of the England WC squad in winter 2022. Moving next summer would introduce that into the mindset, and whilst I'm sure he backs himself, he might feel that he needs to be at a higher level and in the CL to start for England with the likes of Rashford, Sancho, Foden, Mount, Sterling etc all doing so.

There's a lot of dick measuring regarding the relative merits of clubs. I was never bothered how 'big' we were when we were shite and it doesn't bother me now.
Rather be better than bigger. Wetherspoons and McDonalds are massive but I’d rather eat or drink somewhere else with better quality.
The redshirts are the Wetherspoons/McDonalds of football - the omnipresent easy option for the less discerning masses of human landfill

And Sherlock!? :-)) I'm registered on Bluemoon too, also. Does that make me a double agent? Triple agent? :-)

Please elaborate on your 'find'? :-)
Eventually posters like you will always be exposed. The only find worth noting is that you are a twat. How’s Rawk these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.