Jack Rodwell is the word from former manager

Rodwell is a class act, though his injury history isnt great. personally i think its a good signing though his true position is still a bit of an unknown but i think he is defo better as an attacking midfielder.

HOLMSLICE said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
HOLMSLICE said:
Our transfer dealings are a fucking joke at this stage. Heads should roll

How did you work that out

Chasing 1. injury ravaged players, 2. players that have no intention of coming to us and 3. no mark players like Sinclair.

We're no longer being turned down by Mido, in case you hadn't noticed, so things aren't that bad. And Rodwell is a much more exciting prospect than Sinclair. Injury free he could make a real impact over the coming seasons.

Jack Rodwell has the talant the character and the work ethic to become a top player only worry is his injury record.

Idont understand peoples opposition to this just because he is not from Italy or Brazil does not mean he is shit.

Imo we need an english core to our team and that means snapping up the best young english players.

People should get behind this young lad and you never know he might turn out to be a very good player for us.

BlueHelland said:
There it is, fee agreed!
yes, but any idea how much?
and please don't tell me he's going to be the replacement for Mancini's supposed targets like DDR or Martinez?

Rodwell looks to be a good player and at just 21, plenty of time to develop under Mancini. Just hope he can get over his injury concerns..

Hope he does well at City..

Those that understand football and its squad building dynamics will believe this is an excellent signing. He owned our midfield at our place a while ago with Arteta on more than one occasion, is powerful and has great alround potential.

We are not going to continue buying first team players as we already have those, this lad will increase his English and ours stock and flourish with far better players. Significant upgrade on Pizzaro and Hargreaves, good stuff at a good price

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
BlueHelland said:
BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport
Everton agree undisclosed fee with Manchester City for Jack Rodwell - he will undergo a medical on Sunday ahead of £15m move #bbcfootball

£15m fee for a 21 year old...

The fee is 'undisclosed' and yet it is £15 million?

Haha, lol, don't ask me, it's a bbc tweet :D

I can understand the disappointment with Jack Rodwell, but you have got wonder why both Bayern Munich and Barcelona have baulked at Martinez's fee. Both players have got potential but both have got City Tax written over it but the Rodwell deal has less City Tax.

Another jack of all trades imo. Milner, dj, kolo, boyata are still couldn't find a place in the team, I doubt Rodwell is better than those players or even rasak and Saurez as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.