Jack Rodwell is the word from former manager

Everton have released statement confirming fee agreed.

Got two Evertonian mates. They describe Rodwell as good, but not that good, and at 15m, a "good bit of business for Everton for a player who is permanently injured. Bench warmer for City at best".

Doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy. A winger with pace (Walcott please) and a centre half and we should be done.

Rammyblues said:
What, we're bringing in cover for a permanently injured player ;)

Maybe not:-)

Look at our squads for CL and Prem League, if this player signs we can still sign two more players for our Prem league squad. As far as CL goes we have filled our allocation of players. The only way we can get more players into CL is

1) Sell a current squad player
2) Promote Johansen to third keeper

By promoting Johansen allows another spot.

Hargreaves last year occupied a CL place and prem league place.

Works well financially for the club also. But the fundamental point is we may have got ourselves a very good player that will bring balance to the squad in a busy season, as well as flourishing into a top-class player over time (if he leaves behind his injury problems).

Will be a good solid signing played well at ours last season, lets hope his injuries are behind him

Forgot about that he marked Silva for most of the game. Maybe Mancini saw something he liked.

I´m happy with this signing, can´t believe the arrogance of some people on here saying that "he´s shit" probably the same people that don´t rate Barry as well. Back to Rodwell he´s young, English(which is a plus) and can improve and learn alot from likes of Barry, Milner Yaya etc.

I've seen people mention Rodwell being able to play CB on here but he hasn't played there since he was about 16. Don't think he's anywhere near good enough at playing there to even cover it for you.

If he's shite he won't play. Just hope he's not on huge wages should we need to sell him.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
I will be interested to see how Jack progresses under our medical team, we did very well last season generally and as many have pointed out on here, before his injury problems Jack Rodwell was one of the better English upcoming players. At 21 this kid already has full international status and over 100 appearances for Everton, 85 of which are Prem appearances. He also has 9 European appearances, not too shabby for a kid at 21 who has had long periods out, let's just hope we can fix him and he's not our new MJ.

Good luck Jack, CTID

sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.