Jack Rodwell

de niro said:
the summer window was a complete disaster, lets hope we dont waste 50m in this one.

I agree 95% of what you say, however Nastasic surely can't be called a failure?

To me it was not who we bought but who we sold, Nigel De Jong, and Adam Johnson, have been replaced by two inferior players in Garcia and Sinclair.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
de niro said:
the summer window was a complete disaster, lets hope we dont waste 50m in this one.

To me it was not who we bought but who we sold, Nigel De Jong, and Adam Johnson, have been replaced by two inferior players in Garcia and Sinclair.
exactly. getting Nastasic and keeping De Jong and Johnson would have been an ok. De Jong and Johnson were not vital to the team, but they were important squad players and replaced with ones not nearly as good. Maicon was also an ok signing, offers some width to us and a great crosser of the ball.

de niro said:

I loved NDJ and AJ, far more than most, but I don't honestly believe if we'd had them we'd be any better off than we are now. The fact is we stayed still and our rivals greatly improved. Then the majority of our team started the season in fairly woeful form. The loss of those two players is blown completely out of proportion.

Fwiw I think Rodwell can go on to be an even better Barry if he remains fit.

NQCitizen said:
de niro said:

I loved NDJ and AJ, far more than most, but I don't honestly believe if we'd had them we'd be any better off than we are now. The fact is we stayed still and our rivals greatly improved. Then the majority of our team started the season in fairly woeful form. The loss of those two players is blown completely out of proportion.

ha ha. love it. best piss take on here for ages.

well done mate.

de niro said:
NQCitizen said:

well done mate.

Do you think johnson and de jong would put us any further up the table than we are?

Dear oh dear what a bunch of negative wastes of space half of you lot are ! We are second in the league ( the second best placed team in the effin country ) and still with a great chance of retaining the title, but all some of you lot want to do is pick holes and moan and groan. Why don't you piss off and support someone else ? Let's see where we are at the end of the season then have a review, at very least. some of you need to get a life. NDJ and Johnson were average. Garcia is a better footballer than De Jong, Nastacic was a class signing and Maicon and Rodwell are great and good players respectively. Absolutely unbelievable.

NQCitizen said:
de niro said:
NQCitizen said:

well done mate.

Do you think johnson and de jong would put us any further up the table than we are?

100%.

we were champions, we should tweaked the team by adding quality to take it up a gear, we decimated it and weakened it greatly.

We have only lost two games and I can't see how de jong or Johnson would have changed that, although ironically johnson scored the winner in the tie. The truth is united have improved hugely with one quality signing who picked them over us.

I don't get how you see replacing two good but limited players with a few more good but limited players with much greater potential is decimating a team? We stood still, which is unfortunate but nothing more catastrophic than that. The players we went for either chose someone else or stayed where they were.

NQCitizen said:
de niro said:
NQCitizen said:

well done mate.

Absofukinlutely old bean. NDJ was beginning to find some sort of passing game on top of his masterclass in defensive midfield play, total total quality and letting him go for whatever reason is probably THE biggest mistake(player wise) since i have been watching City(30years).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.