Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems with him wanting to do what he believes is best for his career. I would do the same.
But by going to Spurs / Arsenal it is not guaranteed that he is going to develop his career more than at City? He's not good enough at the moment, won't play there immediately and will have to wait his turn. Obviously there are less obstacles in his position at those clubs than at City and he would have statistically a greater chance of playing first team footballer sooner than at City. But he would still have to wait 2-3 years before he is regularly in contention. If it's truly about playing first XI, then move to Southampton or Everton. But he won't and that says to me money is more of a factor in his decision.

It'll be a shame for the club if he leaves. But given how much the academy supposedly invests in developing the players into well-known rounded, professional young men, and knowing how much of elite performances is about mentality, this episode will surely have put big question marks over his suitability for what the club is trying to achieve.

It'll be a shame for the club if he leaves. But given how much the academy supposedly invests in developing the players into well-known rounded, professional young men, and knowing how much of elite performances is about mentality, this episode will surely have put big question marks over his suitability for what the club is trying to achieve.

Its the perfect example of what ive said all along about the academy when people are demanding we give the players a chance from it.

We will give them every tool in the box to make it to the first team....every single one except for the one between their own ears.

Let him go, shame he won't stay but no point in vilifying the lad.

Maybe it's just a personal thing, but I always wonder why people get so wound up about players going to different clubs, like when Chelsea released Lampard but we're furious he played for us. As long as he doesn't go to THEM I couldn't give a shit where he goes and would rather focus on the ones who want to play for us

I think having belief in yourself is a huge bonus tbh.

If more of our academy kids hasd the same attitude, more would have made it imo.

His problem, is his decision making on the pitch. If his football brain develops correctly, he'll make it. If not, he won't.

If being an arsehole prevented players from succeeding, Utd would be in the Conference by now & Ronaldo would be selling his arse.

Such a bizarre decision to go on strike when he can effectively sign a contract with whichever team he likes anyway. Perhaps he expects City to release him on a free so his new club don't have to pay any compensation?

Such a bizarre decision to go on strike when he can effectively sign a contract with whichever team he likes anyway. Perhaps he expects City to release him on a free so his new club don't have to pay any compensation?

I don't understand this. If he's not signed a professional contract then he's a free agent anyway isn't he?

You'd think regardless of where he ends up it's very much in his interests to get sorted and back playing asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.