Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
You completely missed the point.

Messi back then wasn't 'Messi'. Yeah people knew he was good but he wasn't known as the greatest of all time then. He probably didn't knew he was going to the greatest player back the. The point is that he had a prime Ronaldinho in front of him yet he stayed and fought for his place.

Yeah and Messi also had Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol etc etc as examples of La Masia graduates getting chances to reassure him. Totally different circumstances.

No, but obviously Sancho wouldn't be starting many games for any top side, nor will he expect to. He might however, be encouraged to see his mate get on from the bench, which is likely what he is planning for.

not when Arsenal panic buy at the end of the window, and Ozil, Mustafi, Ramsey clog up the bench again. He'll get no more chances there as he will here.

We can all make cases when half the team is out injured.

You completely missed the point.

Messi back then wasn't 'Messi'. Yeah people knew he was good but he wasn't known as the greatest of all time then. He probably didn't knew he was going to the greatest player back the. The point is that he had a prime Ronaldinho in front of him yet he stayed and fought for his place.

Of course he was Messi.

He just wasn't Messi aged 25.

And he was getting games. None of our kids would complain getting half the games Messi did.

A few cameo appearences at 17 well into double figures at 18, would probably keep.4 or 5 of our kids happy shared between them.

It's more than about 50 of them have got in the past 7 years.

No, but obviously Sancho wouldn't be starting many games for any top side, nor will he expect to. He might however, be encouraged to see his mate get on from the bench, which is likely what he is planning for.

Three of his mates played for us against Real Madrid etc on our USA tour. I doubt Arsenal will use any kids this season, they need to win

I don't watch academy football all the time but from what I've seen

Sancho: Incredibly skillful, sensational dribbler and amazing technique when striking a ball. Strong and fast too, could be playing first team football soon in the right guidance. Only major weakness is he lacks the footballing brain the best players have; It's a typical English thing I guess; he did just come from Watford (no disrespect). But he'll get there in the right academy/team. He's always been a hard worker in that sense.

Foden: Very, very clever footballer. He's compared to Silva frequently and you can see why. Excellent close control, good shot too. His movement off the ball is inspired at times, and like Silva his ability to receive the ball in tight spaces and make something of it is at a level well beyond his years. Only thing is he's very slight physically. The preseason games showed this I feel. As such he'd benefit from going on loan the most, as he needs the experience of playing in a more demanding league to complete his development. He's pretty much there otherwise.

Diaz: The one to be excited about. His raw talent is immense. Feels like watching Messi at times. Absolute wand of a left foot. Very fast and agile too. A little bit greedy at times, but you would be with his ability. Could do with toughening up a bit (not necessarily bulking up), in the way David Silva did over the years since joining. A loan might suit him in the way I think it would Foden. But he'd probably get by fine if he stayed.

All three could be something special, that's a certainty.
Great summary,thanks for posting

Yeah and Messi also had Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol etc etc as examples of La Masia graduates getting chances to reassure him. Totally different circumstances.
Yeah and now we have that very same same manager that brought up many of the La Masia graduates managing our team.

That isn't correct either. The academy was in full bloom before the move to the Etihad.

Has anyone asked for Sancho to be playing in the first team already ? Has he asked for it ?

Because people seem to keep answering that post yet I have never read anyone post it.

The only posts I've read are referring to the fact, that our previous record in not rewarding young players by giving them minutes in the first team, be it off the bench or whatever, is OBVIOUSLY, going to be noticed by the next generations & OBVIOUSLY going to be used as a tool, by other clubs, to try & persuade our best kids to depart. Surely nobody in their right mind can fail to appreciate this ?

It is something we have to address, quickly. We need to improve our reputation.

This is what our rivals will be saying to Sancho now, & judging by recent reports, we are trying to persuade him otherwise, as we managed to do with Tosin, who almost left.

The fact we have Pep & have so far given Foden & Diaz a high profile on tour, may perhaps even rescue the situation, or at least make sure Sancho is the only one to be tempted away.

The character assassination some on here are employing against the player, may therefore, hopefully, be premature.
Well said NK.
Its a shame we even have to be talking in terms of the "rescue" of the situation, as there has been ample opportunity, time and again ,for youngsters to be given first team opportunities, as you say ,the academy was in full swing before we even moved grounds.
Manchester City need to get a grip.now.

Last edited:
Of course he was Messi.

He just wasn't Messi aged 25.

And he was getting games. None of our kids would complain getting half the games Messi did.

A few cameo appearences at 17 well into double figures at 18, would probably keep.4 or 5 of our kids happy shared between them.

It's more than about 50 of them have got in the past 7 years.
Messi played a grand total of 239 minutes (9 apps) when he was 17. Tosin got exactly half as many minutes as Messi there last season. My point is why do you leave the club when the best manager in the world that has been known to promote academy players just arrived? The only reason he'd leave is if he doesn't think he's good enough to compete with the players. He sees Sterling, Sane, Jesus, and thought fuck me im shit and wont be able to get in front of them and I better get out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.