Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please - this is only your opinion based on what you have read on social media - the club have not commented & neither has Sancho. What's the difference between waiting for 2/3 seasons at another club? Either way he won't play for a top first team. Much better to be loaned out meanwhile & prove that you've got the guts & character - as well as the skill - to succeed.

But City have shown that if you prove that on loan (as Denayer and Roberts have), it's far from a guarantee that you'll be given even a chance in our first team.

It's not difficult to follow. City haven't brought through any young players in nearly a decade, so why would young players want to be at City when they become ready (or nearly ready) for first team football?

Totally unnecessary to say I don't care. You must be feeling a bit on edge. I'd wager I've been "caring" about City for a lot longer than you could imagine. Which of my comments suggest I don't care simply because I don't agree with you.

I replied to your throwaway comment about young players who may or may not have made it somewhere else. Not 'whether you care about 'City'. I never mentioned City.

You seem happy enough that there is no problem with those players not getting first team chances & that they wouldn't have made it elsewhere either, so therefore you don't care, that they have gone without successfully reaching the top.

I think some might have made with better chances at the right time & I do care.

But City have shown that if you prove that on loan (as Denayer and Roberts have), it's far from a guarantee that you'll be given even a chance in our first team.

It's not difficult to follow. City haven't brought through any young players in nearly a decade, so why would young players want to be at City when they become ready (or nearly ready) for first team football?

City haven't had the players until now; Pep likes to have a young team & we now have a great academy- worth giving it another year if you're only 16/17 methinks. However mate - it's all about opinions on how City might deal with this situation in the Pep era.

With the greatest respect, proving you can play in the SPL, in the one team, in a one team league, is not proving you are worthy of playing at City.

Pep will have watched/had them watched, for the whole periods they have been on loan, and presumably in training also, and concluded that they don't suit his plans.

I replied to your throwaway comment about young players who may or may not have made it somewhere else. Not 'whether you care about 'City'. I never mentioned City.

You seem happy enough that there is no problem with those players not getting first team chances & that they wouldn't have made it elsewhere either, so therefore you don't care, that they have gone without successfully reaching the top.

I think some might have made with better chances at the right time & I do care.

You certainly care about your opinions. Let's agree to disagree & we'll see what transpires. If it was me at 16/17, I'd give it another year - you'd clearly leave.

With the greatest respect, proving you can play in the SPL, in the one team, in a one team league, is not proving you are worthy of playing at City.

Pep will have watched/had them watched, for the whole periods they have been on loan, and presumably in training also, and concluded that they don't suit his plans.

Or he has had enough journeymen in the squad he needed to get rid of, that he has no time to bother searching for loan players & is putting all his efforts into the younger ones currently at the club.

Virgil Van Dijke was brought to the Prem on the strength of his SPL performances & appears to be better than almost everyone else in that position.

Luis Suarez came from Holland. There have been good & shit players in both leagues.

Or he has had enough journeymen in the squad he needed to get rid of, that he has no time to bother searching for loan players & is putting all his efforts into the younger ones currently at the club.

Virgil Van Dijke was brought to the Prem on the strength of his SPL performances & appears to be better than almost everyone else in that position.

Luis Suarez came from Holland. There have been good & shit players in both leagues.
Of course there is the odd exception, but I'm not getting into an argument with you, as its pointless. You never accept any other position than yours is the right one, but if you are seriously arguing that Pep, with all his well known studying of the game, hasn't watched/had watched enough of Denayer and Roberts, and concluded that they aren't ready/likely to be ready soon, for the PL/CL, then that's just being contrary for the sake of it.

I hope he is putting all his efforts into the younger ones at the club, and that it will come to fruition, but the question was raised about these 2 and my comments are orely about those 2.

As for Sancho, and this is a thread dedicated to him, he's being badly advised imho, and the last thing a 16/17 year old should be doing is going on strike, even those clubs who are interested should take note, its one thing a pro at 25 doing it, but at 16/17 its just stupidity, either on his part, or on that of his advisors, imho.

Of course there is the odd exception, but I'm not getting into an argument with you, as its pointless. You never accept any other position than yours is the right one, but if you are seriously arguing that Pep, with all his well known studying of the game, hasn't watched/had watched enough of Denayer and Roberts, and concluded that they aren't ready/likely to be ready soon, for the PL/CL, then that's just being contrary for the sake of it.

I hope he is putting all his efforts into the younger ones at the club, and that it will come to fruition, but the question was raised about these 2 and my comments are orely about those 2.

As for Sancho, and this is a thread dedicated to him, he's being badly advised imho, and the last thing a 16/17 year old should be doing is going on strike, even those clubs who are interested should take note, its one thing a pro at 25 doing it, but at 16/17 its just stupidity, either on his part, or on that of his advisors, imho.

Denayer's window of opportunity was when he came back from Celtic. Then he was a player. Now, he would struggle to hold a place in the EDS team.

Roberts is being assessed now. Imo he should be assessed at senior level before a decision is made.

Is Pep.good enough to know for sure whether Roberts can make it without that ? No.

He has an idea but would be making a guess based on his experience & has been wrong on plenty of occasions, not only with kids, but with senior players & signings.

The only proof is in the actual prformance. Nobody can know, without it.

Sancho has as good a chance elsewhere as at City imo. But we have Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.