Jadon Sancho

Agreed, but sadly we're right at the very top. Astonishing talents will ,Ake it with us. The next level will get very good moves. A small percentage of them will then make the leap back to our level.
It looks to me like we have put our eggs for this generation in the Foden basket.

Good luck to Sancho, he could be the one that got away. He may just end up being an excellent player but not at our standard.
It does us no harm, the more that make it at the top level, the better it will reflect on our Achademy.
Based on what?
There's nothing to say he wouldn't be as good as Sterling or Sane. He may not fulfill the potential, but right now there is no evidence to say so.

Based on what?
There's nothing to say he wouldn't be as good as Sterling or Sane. He may not fulfill the potential, but right now there is no evidence to say so.

Sancho seems to have it all ability wise to get to the very top of the game without doubt for me. Whether he has the mentality is another thing.
Time will tell.

I fail to see how he isn't good enough. Bacon face won numerous titles with bang average academy players. Welbeck, Phil Neville, West Brown, Tom Cleverly, Darren Fletcher etc.

Sancho is easily at a level good enough to play at least 10 games a season (the minimum to get a medal). Therefore he is at the standard.

You're right, he did. But Sancho is a level above them. He wouldn't be happy having 4 seasons of bit part football then a move to a club below his standards.

He doesn't seem to have the personality or mentality of those you mentioned. That's no bad thing.

As I said, he may be the star we let go, or he may just be an excellent player that is too good to rotate for us but not good enough to oust Sané/Sterling.

I think they see Foden as the better fit.

Sancho is too good for what you're suggesting and more importantly that what he thinks.

Last edited:
Based on what?

Are you ignoring the word 'may'. That aside the odds of him being one of the best singers in the world are slimmer than him not.

It's a gamble from all parties. Football isn't a science. We obviously see Foden as the better fit.

To his credit, Sancho wanted more quicker. We couldn't facilitate that. BVB can.

Are you ignoring the word 'may'. That aside the odds of him being one of the best singers in the world are slimmer than him not.

It's a gamble from all parties. Football isn't a science. We obviously see Foden as the better fit.

To his credit, Sancho wanted more quicker. We couldn't facilitate that. BVB can.
Sorry if I misunderstood your post. I thought 'may' was for him becoming an excellent player :)

You're right, he did. But Sancho is a level above them. He wouldn't be happy having 4 seasons of bit part football then a move to a club below his standards.

He doesn't seem to have the personality or mentality of those you mentioned. That's no bad thing.

As I said, he may be the star we let go, or he may just be an excellent player that is too good to rotate for us but not good enough to oust Sané/Sterling.

I think they see Foden as the better fit.

Sancho is too good for what you're suggesting and more importantly that what he thinks.
I don't get the argument about Sancho not having the mentality. He has a good mentality as I see it. He wasn't happy to stay here and get paid a lot for floundering in the reserves or going out on loan. He wanted to to have a successful career.

On Foden its going to be interesting to see how long he is happy getting on the bench and playing the odd 20 minutes or 2 minutes. There's only so long someone of his talent can do that for, especially if he wants to be an elite player.

[QUOTE="IH8MUFC, post: 10989695, member: 46167"]I don't get the argument about Sancho not having the mentality. He has a good mentality as I see it. He wasn't happy to stay here and get paid a lot for floundering in the reserves or going out on loan. He wanted to to have a successful career.

On Foden its going to be interesting to see how long he is happy getting on the bench and playing the odd 20 minutes or 2 minutes. There's only so long someone of his talent can do that for, especially if he wants to be an elite player.[/QUOTE]

That's my point about his personality, the Rags you mentioned were largely shit and have poor careers after leaving their role as league cup and dead rubber game players.

Sancho believes he is too good for that role, I agree with him.

I'm not questioning Sancho's personality or mentality, I'm applauding it.

That is my point, he's currently not good enough for us, but he'll be far too good to be a Cleverly or O'Shea.

He may never be good enough for us in the role he believes he should. Or he may be that good, we buy him back or he goes back to the elite level.

Regards Foden, you need to be a little more realistic. He should be around 21 when he's playing regularly. More of what he's had this season is perfect for him at his age. 5/6 starts next season and good time on the bench and minutes off it.

He's the youngest PL winner for a reason. He's an exceptional talent who is playing way in advance of his age.

Diaz had 50 minutes in the league

Sancho had 684 minutes and he was injured for a long period.

If he stays fit he will play over 1500 minutes next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.