James McAtee

just like to point out that at McAtee's current age foden has already played nearly 1500 minutes of senior football (McAtee has 22). Can see why he thinks his future isn't here. it is what it is

ffs haha. Why compare? Every single footballer has their own pathway, they’re all different. Some planes could be loaned out several times before reaching their peak at 21-25 years old, others could remain with the first team like Foden did. Comparing pathways is pointless.

ffs haha. Why compare? Every single footballer has their own pathway, they’re all different. Some planes could be loaned out several times before reaching their peak at 21-25 years old, others could remain with the first team like Foden did. Comparing pathways is pointless.
because people often make the comparison the other way, to say "oh foden took a while to get minutes too, everyone complained back then and look how that turned out".

He played like someone who hasn’t played a game for a while. Also played at F9 where playing in the middle with the game ahead of him is his thing. Nonetheless, with more game time, he should get into the groove.

I think I’d be ok with him out on loan. Let him go and get roughed up. He has the finesse, flair and touch. Can also pick a pass. Finds space for himself. He just needs to hone these at another level other than EDS. Can definitely replace one of the old guard in the future if City get it right with development/progression

Had some promising touches early on, and he’s clearly got so much talent - definitely ready for the step up from the EDS.

If we can get a loan sorted at a decent club who will actually play him and develop him, I’m excited to see what he’s capable of.

I'd not want him out on loan based on what we saw tonight. He could be lost. Better I think to give him more sub appearances for the first team.

Last edited:
sadly I think he looks like someone who will mature later in his career. He will take longer to reach the basic level required for us. he has all the ball skills but his football IQ is very poor and he is not getting into a pep anytime soon. he will take I think three more years to reach our level if he gets game time somewhere else. else he can stay with pep but he needs to be patient for atleast two more years before he gets a breakthrough year like cole is getting now.

But rusty, probably also really wanted to prove himself. Thought his yellow at the end might have been frustration at not really setting the place alight. Feel watching him that he needs to learn to settle into the team, but he's desperate to make every touch and every second count. Understandable, but he needs to be patient in games with the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.