James McAtee

Yeah I think his late birthday in the same year put him in the year behind.. palmer graduated in bazunu’s class In 2019. Mcatee was 2020, with delap etc.

They aren’t equal, different roles though, Foden is easier to integrate positionally and is prob the best of his generation. Mcatee is a midfielder than can control and attack a game, not an easy free fixture to find at this level and team in the 8’s. PAlmer and Foden can both play wide as well, which an easier role to play/fit in the system. Not sure mcatee has ever played their much.

decent role in an 8 or 10 to run at a back line and see the ball a lot and he’ll develop fast as fuck, very smart player. Just gotta pick the right club and manager for the loan.
Swansea would be my choice for the loan. They always try to play positive football. Their current manager is a huge Pep fanboy. I think he would do decent there.

Swansea would be my choice for the loan. They always try to play positive football. Their current manager is a huge Pep fanboy. I think he would do decent there.
Our old academy director as sporting director as well. I think we’ll see that move next week or so.

It seems Pep likes to give some of these guys minutes as a false 9 as it's relatively trouble free, cant cause problems in build up or defense and can express yourself.

But McAtee, unlike Foden or Palmer, doesn't have that yard of acceleration they have, he is very much of the 8/10 (attacking midfielder) mold while Foden and Palmer are like a 7/9/10 (forward).

I love McAtee but I haven't been impressed by his coach on Twitter, especially today.

I get he's a City fan so he posts like how we would but when you're coaching one of the players at the club and tweeting stuff (like below) it is a bit inappropriate.

(Again, I get he's a blue so I'm not going to slag him off. Especially since I think he's McAtee's shooting coach and McAtee was in great scoring form earlier in the year so the coach is doing something right.)

Is it normal for players to have a seperate coach that's not employed by the club?

For me, I was really impressed with McAtee earlier in the season when he came on for five minutes. But today, for me, he never looked available to receive a pass. I assume he was told to stay forward a bit, but his movement was hardly that of someone used to playing in that position. Don't know why they didn't give him an opportunity further wide, to be honest.

Can we just leave the handling of a young very promising player to Pep and his staff? And try not to over analyse his performance with the lad coming on for 10 minutes or so?
I see what your saying, but I'll mention 2 problems I have with it:

1) Nobody on this forum is contacting McAtee or his entourage and trying to handle him, this is just a forum.

2) Of course people will analyze the performance of a youngster they were eager to see as they wanted him to perhaps impress more than he did (he also had closer to 30 mins). There are circumstances pointed out by people like covid and not having an EDS game in a while, but this is all just part of the forum discussion that develops.

Don't worry about it, everybody is well intentioned and wants only the best for him.

Is it normal for players to have a seperate coach that's not employed by the club?

For me, I was really impressed with McAtee earlier in the season when he came on for five minutes. But today, for me, he never looked available to receive a pass. I assume he was told to stay forward a bit, but his movement was hardly that of someone used to playing in that position. Don't know why they didn't give him an opportunity further wide, to be honest.
Yes, it is normal for players to have their personal/private coaches.

I can’t see him staying to be honest. From
What I’ve seen he’s desperate for minutes and his personal trainer chirping up on Twitter gives a clue into his thoughts. His problem is he is at least a year behind Palmer and from what I’ve seen he’s very raw and a good 2 years away from getting proper minutes in and I don’t think he will stick around that long.

I can’t see him staying to be honest. From
What I’ve seen he’s desperate for minutes and his personal trainer chirping up on Twitter gives a clue into his thoughts. His problem is he is at least a year behind Palmer and from what I’ve seen he’s very raw and a good 2 years away from getting proper minutes in and I don’t think he will stick around that long.

He has another year on his contract I believe if we sell him we should put in a buy back and a sell on clause

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.