James McAtee

sadly I think he looks like someone who will mature later in his career. He will take longer to reach the basic level required for us. he has all the ball skills but his football IQ is very poor and he is not getting into a pep anytime soon. he will take I think three more years to reach our level if he gets game time somewhere else. else he can stay with pep but he needs to be patient for atleast two more years before he gets a breakthrough year like cole is getting now.

If someone were to say McAtee won’t make it because he isn’t good enough I’d strongly disagree but I’d respect their opinion. But for someone to come out and say his football intelligence is poor is just absolute nonsense. I could give my phone to my 4 year old daughter and just ask her to mash the keypad and she’d probably come up with a better footballing opinion than that.

If someone were to say McAtee won’t make it because he isn’t good enough I’d strongly disagree but I’d respect their opinion. But for someone to come out and say his football intelligence is poor is just absolute nonsense. I could give my phone to my 4 year old daughter and just ask her to mash the keypad and she’d probably come up with a better footballing opinion than that.
you can say any nonsense you want but that does not change the fact his football IQ is very poor. I have watched him play so many times, he still has no idea when to dribble, when to slow down the game, his game is one paced. that is the major difference between him and palmer and that is why palmer is already in our squad and earning the trust of pep while mcatee is at the periphery.

you can say any nonsense you want but that does not change the fact his football IQ is very poor. I have watched him play so many times, he still has no idea when to dribble, when to slow down the game, his game is one paced. that is the major difference between him and palmer and that is why palmer is already in our squad and earning the trust of pep while mcatee is at the periphery.

Make me wish we can see Pep and Coaching team notes about Palmer and McAtee on their daily progress. Will not be shocked that Palmer score highly and get Pep trust more despite being a lesser talent in term of potential than McAtee.

Make me wish we can see Pep and Coaching team notes about Palmer and McAtee on their daily progress. Will not be shocked that Palmer score highly and get Pep trust more despite being a lesser talent in term of potential than McAtee.
Palmers a year ahead, hes bound to be.

Palmers a year ahead, hes bound to be.

You mean in term graduating year?, don't think so. There's people that believe that McAtee is closer to Foden in term of talent, heck some people saying that they are equal.

If he really that good like foden, why he didn't get more playing opportunities at least as same like Foden was when he started joining the first team?

sadly I think he looks like someone who will mature later in his career. He will take longer to reach the basic level required for us. he has all the ball skills but his football IQ is very poor and he is not getting into a pep anytime soon. he will take I think three more years to reach our level if he gets game time somewhere else. else he can stay with pep but he needs to be patient for atleast two more years before he gets a breakthrough year like cole is getting now.
What a load of nonsense

I love McAtee but I haven't been impressed by his coach on Twitter, especially today.

I get he's a City fan so he posts like how we would but when you're coaching one of the players at the club and tweeting stuff (like below) it is a bit inappropriate.

(Again, I get he's a blue so I'm not going to slag him off. Especially since I think he's McAtee's shooting coach and McAtee was in great scoring form earlier in the year so the coach is doing something right.)

You mean in term graduating year?, don't think so. There's people that believe that McAtee is closer to Foden in term of talent, heck some people saying that they are equal.

If he really that good like foden, why he didn't get more playing opportunities at least as same like Foden was when he started joining the first team?
Yeah I think his late birthday in the same year put him in the year behind.. palmer graduated in bazunu’s class In 2019. Mcatee was 2020, with delap etc.

They aren’t equal, different roles though, Foden is easier to integrate positionally and is prob the best of his generation. Mcatee is a midfielder than can control and attack a game, not an easy free fixture to find at this level and team in the 8’s. PAlmer and Foden can both play wide as well, which an easier role to play/fit in the system. Not sure mcatee has ever played their much.

decent role in an 8 or 10 to run at a back line and see the ball a lot and he’ll develop fast as fuck, very smart player. Just gotta pick the right club and manager for the loan.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.