James McAtee

I love seeing academy players in the starting lineup - gives me a real buzz, and they must love it. I'm sometimes frustrated that it's hard for youngsters to get chances. But even I know that this is one of the biggest clubs in the world whose target is to win lots of trophies, and that you need to earn your place in the starting eleven by being borderline world class. Young players don't have an entitlement to play, not even in cup matches against Swindon - no disrespect - just because they're really good and impatient.

I really hope we find a way of McAtee signing up long term, whether that's by gradual introduction into the squad or a good loan.

Personally, I can't see any examples of people breaking into our first team following an impressive loan experience. Where loans have gone well, it's mainly resulted in their leaving the club. So my preference would be for McAtee to stay and be patient. But he may not be able to do that - there's a lot of pressure and expectation on these kids, so I do understand when they want to leave.

I can’t see him staying to be honest. From
What I’ve seen he’s desperate for minutes and his personal trainer chirping up on Twitter gives a clue into his thoughts. His problem is he is at least a year behind Palmer and from what I’ve seen he’s very raw and a good 2 years away from getting proper minutes in and I don’t think he will stick around that long.
Sorry if I've missed it on this thread but isn't he thought to be a rags supporter as well?

I can’t see him staying to be honest. From
What I’ve seen he’s desperate for minutes and his personal trainer chirping up on Twitter gives a clue into his thoughts. His problem is he is at least a year behind Palmer and from what I’ve seen he’s very raw and a good 2 years away from getting proper minutes in and I don’t think he will stick around that long.
Think your probably right difficult to integrate more than one at once

Unfortunately, with all the quality we have in midfield he is not going to get much game time this season. Hence a loan move would be his best option imo, as others have suggested Swansea would be good fit

Clearly trying too hard in his first game of any sort for a while, hence his booking which was due to visible frustration at giving the ball away.
But he did OK in flashes.
That will have given him a better idea of the physicality he needs to stand up to.
Cole Palmer is 6ft 2 and already more physically developed than James, who may need a bit more time to grow into himself.
Look at Phil’s frame nowadays compared to the skinny kid who first started getting sub appearances?
In terms of natural ability he has everything to succeed. But both he and fans might need to be a little more patient given his physical make up.
Both Dave and Bernardo have shown that if you are good enough then you are big enough to play in this team but both were grown men by then.
Wouldn’t be opposed to a loan at a team that plays decent football and would actually play him most weeks. But it has to be the right club, our record in that respect has been mixed to say the least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.