James McAtee

Clearly trying too hard in his first game of any sort for a while, hence his booking which was due to visible frustration at giving the ball away.
But he did OK in flashes.
That will have given him a better idea of the physicality he needs to stand up to.
Cole Palmer is 6ft 2 and already more physically developed than James, who may need a bit more time to grow into himself.
Look at Phil’s frame nowadays compared to the skinny kid who first started getting sub appearances?
In terms of natural ability he has everything to succeed. But both he and fans might need to be a little more patient given his physical make up.
Both Dave and Bernardo have shown that if you are good enough then you are big enough to play in this team but both were grown men by then.
Wouldn’t be opposed to a loan at a team that plays decent football and would actually play him most weeks. But it has to be the right club, our record in that respect has been mixed to say the least
you are right about his physical development. In addition to that he does not have the explosiveness to play in the front line, so his only place is behind the attacker where we have many options and he is not physically developed yet. also he has not matured as a midfielder where decision making is so important. I don't see any way for him in the team currently so it would be so good for him if he signs a contract and goes on loan for a couple of seasons.

I've watched a lot of McAtee over the last couple of years and I'm really excited by him, think he's got the potential to follow the path Foden has and Palmer is currently on.

He looked a little bit rusty last night and I think he knew it. After the players walked over to the away end last night he was the last on the pitch and his body language/a lot of having his shirt over his face as he slowly sloped off gave me the impression that he was frustrated that he didn't take his chance last night and stand out - especially as he probably knew the post match talk would all be about Palmer.

He's got the ability and he'll get another chance to shine, fingers crossed for him that he does. Needs to get his contract signed and his trainer to wind his neck in.

you are right about his physical development. In addition to that he does not have the explosiveness to play in the front line, so his only place is behind the attacker where we have many options and he is not physically developed yet. also he has not matured as a midfielder where decision making is so important. I don't see any way for him in the team currently so it would be so good for him if he signs a contract and goes on loan for a couple of seasons.

Do you have City +?

Clearly not.

Well he must do considering he’s apparently watched McAtee loads, even though he only signed up three months ago, has never posted in an EDS match thread and appears to be based abroad.

Anyway, once he confirms that he does I can provide him with numerous examples of McAtee having explosiveness, whatever that actually means.

Well he must do considering he’s apparently watched McAtee loads, even though he only signed up three months ago, has never posted in an EDS match thread and appears to be based abroad.

Anyway, once he confirms that he does I can provide him with numerous examples of McAtee having explosiveness, whatever that actually means.
lol carry on with your assumptions if that make you think you are clever. McAtee might have explosiveness in the EDS but that is nothing compared to the intensity in the PL. you go on thinking you know better than pep and also that McAtee has similar explosiveness that Foden and Palmer while also having the ball skills of Foden and Palmer yet he somehow does not get game time.

yet Foden was a first team player at 19 and contibuting in PL and CL matches while McAtee cannot even start in an irrelevant game. there are reasons like what I highlighted above, but you can carry on with your ignorance if you think that is clever.

lol carry on with your assumptions if that make you think you are clever. McAtee might have explosiveness in the EDS but that is nothing compared to the intensity in the PL. you go on thinking you know better than pep and also that McAtee has similar explosiveness that Foden and Palmer while also having the ball skills of Foden and Palmer yet he somehow does not get game time.

yet Foden was a first team player at 19 and contibuting in PL and CL matches while McAtee cannot even start in an irrelevant game. there are reasons like what I highlighted above, but you can carry on with your ignorance if you think that is clever.

You’re a liar, and your football opinions are genuinely idiotic. You’re going on Ignore now.

Explosiveness has nothing to do with intensity, regardless of league.

I've watched a lot of McAtee over the last couple of years and I'm really excited by him, think he's got the potential to follow the path Foden has and Palmer is currently on.

He looked a little bit rusty last night and I think he knew it. After the players walked over to the away end last night he was the last on the pitch and his body language/a lot of having his shirt over his face as he slowly sloped off gave me the impression that he was frustrated that he didn't take his chance last night and stand out - especially as he probably knew the post match talk would all be about Palmer.

He's got the ability and he'll get another chance to shine, fingers crossed for him that he does. Needs to get his contract signed and his trainer to wind his neck in.

he clearly felt disappointed by his performance, hope he doesn't take it too far because he really was alright.

How long it will take until we see Mcatee getting some minutes with the 1st team ?

I hope he renew and then we loan him where he can get play every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.