James McAtee

How long it will take until we see Mcatee getting some minutes with the 1st team ?

I hope he renew and then we loan him where he can get play every week.
Im gonan guess awhile at least in his natural position (barring a non league team at home in the next round or something) - Bernardo spent a season on the wing before he was playing hte 8, Foden still isnt. Gonna see him in the F9 or wing for limit minutes if/when he comes on.

Is it normal for players to have a seperate coach that's not employed by the club?

For me, I was really impressed with McAtee earlier in the season when he came on for five minutes. But today, for me, he never looked available to receive a pass. I assume he was told to stay forward a bit, but his movement was hardly that of someone used to playing in that position. Don't know why they didn't give him an opportunity further wide, to be honest.
Hasn’t played in a while. Just recovered from covid. No surprising he’s rusty

Not ready yet

Only because he is lacking game time and experience.If he was thrown into team he would very quickly adjust and bring his ability and form from the EDS.

Saying that.....he will not currently push aside any first teamers,he needs the right loan for the next few months and then back in the summer.

sadly I think he looks like someone who will mature later in his career. He will take longer to reach the basic level required for us. he has all the ball skills but his football IQ is very poor and he is not getting into a pep anytime soon. he will take I think three more years to reach our level if he gets game time somewhere else. else he can stay with pep but he needs to be patient for atleast two more years before he gets a breakthrough year like cole is getting now.
Do you come on this forum purely to talk utter shit?

I love McAtee but I haven't been impressed by his coach on Twitter, especially today.

I get he's a City fan so he posts like how we would but when you're coaching one of the players at the club and tweeting stuff (like below) it is a bit inappropriate.

(Again, I get he's a blue so I'm not going to slag him off. Especially since I think he's McAtee's shooting coach and McAtee was in great scoring form earlier in the year so the coach is doing something right.)

Steven said it was boring before, it’s even more boring now. Give it a rest

Finding the right loan is absolutely key. In a recent interview Lukas Nmecha said he really struggled at first when loaned to Preston as they played a lot of hopeful long balls whereas he had developed in a passing environment.
Swansea seem like a good fit as they play good football but are languishing in mid table so may be willing to give him minutes. Trying to get into a side in the promotion or play-off places would be more difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.