James McAtee

The kid has hardly kicked a ball in anger in weeks with all the EDS games getting called off, and people are judging him off a 20 minute run-out - fresh off the back of recovering from COVID.
In which he was not bad at all either. Probably a little excitable or forceful of trying to do something really good. But Foden was like that when he started as well. In fact Foden was either ends of the scale, sometimes he would try too hard to do nothing wrong and then other times he’d try to hard to do everything right. McAtee’s confidence is great to see.

Lots of people here overrating him based on his EDS play. you have to understand there are too many difference between playing against under-grown kids and against men. It does not directly translate one on one. He has incredible talent with the ball at his feet but his aptitude and application is off by some years compared to cole palmer and that is why he is ahead of him in the our squad and already in the england setup. he needs a couple of years of careful management and coaching for him to actualize his talent and I am not sure he has the right attitude and patience within him to succeed. There have been so many people called messi at youth level and have all but vanished from the scene.

Lots of people here overrating him based on his EDS play. you have to understand there are too many difference between playing against under-grown kids and against men. It does not directly translate one on one. He has incredible talent with the ball at his feet but his aptitude and application is off by some years compared to cole palmer and that is why he is ahead of him in the our squad and already in the england setup. he needs a couple of years of careful management and coaching for him to actualize his talent and I am not sure he has the right attitude and patience within him to succeed. There have been so many people called messi at youth level and have all but vanished from the scene.
I have to say you have been a stunning addition to this site, I can't wait for you to actualize your full potential.

I think McAtee is as ready as Palmer to play for the main team. His issue is Pep generally gives newer/younger plays playing time on the wings/flanks before trusting them centrally. McAtee's game isn't geared towards playing their. Foden, Poveda, Brahim all got the majority of their minutes on the wings when given the opportunity. Even Bernardo early on, Grealish this year, Palmer all have gotten the majority of their mins on the wings. McAtee will be alright. It just depends on him whether he will have the patience or not. With Kev and Gundo over the age of 30, McAtee would do so well to stay, fight and learn from them.

Last edited:

And you have to understand that making endless posts stating the blindingly obvious, in a tone suggesting they contain some searingly insightful revelation no-one else has ever had the foresight to recognise, is going to add the square root of fuck all to the debate - and merely makes you sound like an over-indulged teenager who needs to understand the world does not hang off their every word.

Despite what mummy might tell you.

I think McAtee is as ready as Palmer to play for the main team. His issue is Pep generally gives newer/younger plays playing time on the wings/flanks before trusting them centrally. McAtee's game isn't geared towards playing their. Foden, Poveda, Brahim all got the majority of their minutes on the wings when given the opportunity. Even Bernardo early on, Grealish this year, Palmer all have gotten the majority of their mins on the wings. McAtee will be alright. It just depends on him whether he will have the patience or not. With Kev and Gundo over the age of 30, McAtee would do so well to stay, fight and learn from them.
I think the difference is that Palmer is a much bigger lad physically so can probably handle himself a bit more coming up against the big grown men of the premier league.
Mcatee, like all players of smaller stature, will need to learn to handle himself like David silva could so he doesn't get knocked off the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.