James McAtee

I think the difference is that Palmer is a much bigger lad physically so can probably handle himself a bit more coming up against the big grown men of the premier league.
Mcatee, like all players of smaller stature, will need to learn to handle himself like David silva could so he doesn't get knocked off the ball.
City were ready to release palmer before his growth spurt, definitely helped him.. Mcatee isn’t as slight as Foden was though.

Mirror reporting he is a Villa target halfway down page.
A wile back all our prospects were foreign, mostly Spanish, and would leave us to go back to europe. We now seem to have loads of English kids and the interest is chaning to english clubs. We cant keep them all and if the money is right we have to let some decent ones go.

I think he might stay. He's spending an increased amount of time around our (world class) first team now and has been included in more squads recently (post-covid).

If he's genuinely a blue, how could you want to leave that at 19? He's on the verge of breaking in like Palmer.

Just needs more patience and he'll have everything he's dreamt of.

I think he might stay. He's spending an increased amount of time around our (world class) first team now and has been included in more squads recently (post-covid).

If he's genuinely a blue, how could you want to leave that at 19? He's on the verge of breaking in like Palmer.

Just needs more patience and he'll have everything he's dreamt of.

Hopefully,but with Palmer hogging the limited squad place,and the club preferring the ready made option,i struggle to see it.

As above,sell with clause is probably the route he and 99% will go.

Pep sees James day in and day out, training with the first team. He has also spoken, repeatedly, about the gap between U23 football and the PL so it should be no surprise that it takes time for some players to emerge. It is clear that Palmer is ahead of James and I can only guess that is because he is more effective in the training sessions than James is - perhaps it is physicality or, perhaps, he is simply a better technical player at this stage in their development. The juxtaposition is that huge talents often lack the patience to wait for their opportunities because they believe they are ready and there is always another club or agent making promises. Personally, I would love Palmer, McAtee, Lavia and others to be given more and more play time because I am a long standing, local fan and little, for me, is as exciting as academy talent breaking through. Hopefully, James will choose to stay and we will soon begin to see him pick up regular playing time in our first team.

He will be a target for many clubs in the Prem as he is genuine quality.Putting myself in his boots,I'd be half way out the door.

With Palmer clearly ahead of James in taking the already limited opportunities available in his position with the first team, it does - very unfortunately - feel likely that he’d see his chance of breaking through as better elsewhere.

And he’d have no shortage of offers, as his potential is off the scale!

If we can agree a buy-back clause in any deal, and in the absence of him signing a new deal at City, I’d reluctantly accept letting him go to further his development elsewhere - safe in the knowledge when he hits the potential we all know he’s got in spades, we can bring him back home.

No guarantee he’d agree to that though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.