James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Absolutely made up with this news.

Seeing local lads like Phil, Cole, Taylor, Tommy and now James - lads who’ve been with us since they were kids for the most part - commit their future to City is so much sweeter for us fans to see.

But it’s not just their commitment that’s so good to see - it’s the fact they genuinely see a clear pathway into the first team, and put their trust in the Club to develop them right.

Since the takeover, this is the one area I know most of us have been desperate to see improve. We signed superstars and legends of the Club, but some of our local identity was inevitably left behind in the process.

We’re entering a new stage, where the best local talent want to achieve their potential at City - Phil was the first, and the rest are following his path.

We should be looking forward to a first team with a mix of the best we can buy, playing alongside the best we’ve developed ourselves.

I think we’d all be happy with that!

Three years is a compromise I think, Palmer signed for five but James obviously wanted more evidence of a clear pathway. So this seems to suit both parties.
A year of physical growth and development will do him the world of good and if he gets opportunities and takes them, then he will no doubt be happy to extend again

Three years is a compromise I think, Palmer signed for five but James obviously wanted more evidence of a clear pathway. So this seems to suit both parties.
A year of physical growth and development will do him the world of good and if he gets opportunities and takes them, then he will no doubt be happy to extend again

Their contracts end at exactly the same time, and Cole only signed his last summer.

I don’t think you can read much difference into it, to be honest. Like you say - give them the opportunities, and they’ll both extend again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.