James McAtee

I think McAtee is great and I would love him to stay simply for the reason that if he stayed a) he wants to and b) it would only be because Pep/Txiki think he could be world class.

So a) does he want to? Not sure tbh. I'm not sure his Sheffield move demonstrated a commitment to our club over and above a commitment to his career (and there's nothing wrong with that imo); b) the entire purpose of our academy is to make money and keep the occasional player who is genuinely world class. Foden is the only one in a decade who is clearly that. Palmer probably was but didn't want to stay longer Ng enough in order to prove it. Bobb and Lewis are currently in the category of "wait and see" and they seem content with the consequences of that in terms of playing minutes.

Would love to see McAtee in the City side long-term, but the only way that happens is if he becomes a better player and anyone we can buy in the long term. That's a high bar.

not convinced he'll fancy being sold there

If he gets that offer he should take it because I don't see any PL team taking on a Sheffield United player of last season.

They were one of the worst PL teams in the history of the competition. Up there with Derby.

CL football and La Liga or likely Championship move.

If he gets that offer he should take it because I don't see any PL team taking on a Sheffield United player of last season.

They were one of the worst PL teams in the history of the competition.

he'll still have his fans, one of the teams coming up will take him i expect. Girona have little need for him

They were one of the worst PL teams in the history of the competition. Up there with Derby.

Bayern Munich are taking Kompany

he'll still have his fans, one of the teams coming up will take him i expect. Girona have little need for him
Leicester linked as well but will probably depend on maresca still being there, not sure he would start over dewsbury-hall there anyway and would likely be a squad depth signing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.