James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Clearly this lad is extremely talented, but to me he looks lightweight. Anyone who has watched him more think this is a concern for now, or is he ready?
Looking at him in first team training, and having followed the academy and EDS teams, I don't think it will be an issue. He has a slim upper body but strong legs, good balance and technique.

Clearly this lad is extremely talented, but to me he looks lightweight. Anyone who has watched him more think this is a concern for now, or is he ready?
Not as lightweight as Foden was at the same age. He’s probably the size you’d expect of an 18 year old. He doesn’t get bullied about the place anyway, holds his own.

Looking at him in first team training, and having followed the academy and EDS teams, I don't think it will be an issue. He has a slim upper body but strong legs, good balance and technique.
He doesnt rely on his build/strength anyway,even if it was an issue.

His talent lies in his movement,his vision,his technique and just the way he makes the game look easy.

He's taller than David Silva, so not real concerns there. He'll bulk out naturally as he gets older.

Edit - here he is alongside the 6ft and strong Delap for example. He's about 5'9/5'10, which is plenty big enough.

He's taller than David Silva, so not real concerns there. He'll bulk out naturally as he gets older.

Edit - here he is alongside the 6ft and strong Delap for example. He's about 5'9/5'10, which is plenty big enough.

So you’re admitting he’s not 5’7 then?! :-)
Delap is actually 6’1 so McAtee could even be pushing 5’11!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.