James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

Looking forward to the day he comes on and replaces KDB,it wont be that long if he carries on at this rate.

A sublime player who can be incredible as a 10.

Because he was never playing left back.

Just because he came on for a left back, doesn't mean he was playing left back. We immediately switch to 3 at the back and he was playing wide left, yes, but not left back.

Interviewer - Do you remember what Pep said to you before you came on?

McAtee - Well when I came on I obviously went left back and Pep was like ‘Can you play left back?’

Interviewer - Do you remember what Pep said to you before you came on?

McAtee - Well when I came on I obviously went left back and Pep was like ‘Can you play left back?’

Well in that case he didn't follow the manager's instructions because he wasn't at left back in any way.

There is definitely a pathway for him. Gundogan turns 31 next month, Kev is 30 and has started picking up some injuries, David was never fully replaced, Foden has been playing more out wide than in midfield, and nobody knows what will happen to Bernardo next summer. If he stays injury-free and keeps progressing at this rate, I`m pretty confident he`ll be a first-team regular in the future. He`s 100% one of our best young talents in the academy for the past 10 years, I think he`s up there with Foden, ahead the likes of Sancho, Brahim and Rony Lopes. 14 goal contributions in 7 games for the U23s already this season, he`s simply too good for that level. I just hope Pep gives him more chances in midfield this season. This lad could easily save us millions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.