James McAtee

I am really hoping that he will get a chance with City next season. There will be chances for that type of player and I think the club are broad-minded enough to give him a chance.
I think McAtee himself will be the one who decides. If a decent club - someone like Brighton or Villa - offers him a starting place he might decide to take that rather than battling for a spot at City.
In the meantime it is great to see him making a valuable contribution to the Blades season and whatever path he takes I think he will have a decent career and get capped by England.

Play under a student of Pep who is managing a team who play a progressive, confident style of football.

Instead, play at a club who have already planned to be relegated. Add in a load of hoofball, defeat and disappointment.

If he were my lad, I know where I’d want him to go.

If he only plays in the championship then all that would happen is the club and plenty of posters on here would say ‘he can’t start as he doesn’t have premier league experience’

I think he made the right choice. He’s already proven himself in the championship. What would be the point in another championship loan?

Thanks for the insight. It's exactly how I see it as well. It's hard to overstate just how big the jump is between the Championship and the Premier League.

Best of luck going forward.
Agree, think it's a good formula for all sports not just football, if you can work out the improvements needed to beat people who used to be better. Otherwise you just stay the same.

I know some people have dug him out for staying at Sheffield United rather than Leicester.

To me that shows he's building his character. Being there and the tough job it is will make him appreciate being in our team should the club decide to keep him and develop his skills.

I would like to see him given a season to see how he does.

He is a better player than Rico Lewis and I really like Rico and what he does for us.
Lewis is 2 years younger has 40 appearances for City and an England cap.

I think I trust Pep over who is the better player.

Mcatee is a decent player - he will make a good career for himself but it won’t be at City.

City don’t loan players out for 2 years if they feel they can make it with us.

He will be sold on the Summer in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.