James McCarthy

callumcity said:
I think McCarthy is a great player but really after the shite we've bought over the last few years we surely need to be aiming higher? I know he plays deeper than the likes of De Bruyne and Isco, but thats who we should be aiming for.
Spot on

I mentioned on thread a few weeks back that we should be looking at McCarthy. He reminds me of Barry in his younger years.

Also, there is plenty of homegrown talent out there that could seriously take us to that next level.

Players like Sterling, Wilshere, McCarthy and Clyne would all improve our squad. Not just that but it could also let us get the best out of Silva and Aguero.

Despite Silva and Aguero being top class players for is, I still feel they have nowhere near hit their peak with us. It would be criminal for a club not to get the most out of these great players.

cookster said:
Yes please! Much better option than Wilshere.

In terms of ability Wilshere is in my opinion one of the most well balanced, complete midfielders in Europe.

Just a shame he's a bit of a dick!!

Although that said I'd have him here in a shot, in a midfield three with Fernandinho and Silva I think it would be a perfect combination. Bring in Schneiderlin as different, more defence minded option as well and pick whoever is in the best form and that's your midfield sorted.

Decent HG option in a position we desperately need. Better than some of the names mentioned (Henderson, Wheelchair).

That John Stones also looks promising.

I dont think McCarthy is classed as home grown he started out with Hamilton. I think he is a good player but he hasnt gone on to the next stage. As a squad player maybe but he wont be a first team player. I would have him behind most of the midfielders at the moment at the club. Saying that with Milner going ??? There is a need for a few midfielders to come in bringing him in for the right price could be a smart move think he will get better playing with better players but I would rather City go for Coleman instead to push Zaba on and on.

leighton said:
I dont think McCarthy is classed as home grown he started out with Hamilton. I think he is a good player but he hasnt gone on to the next stage. As a squad player maybe but he wont be a first team player. I would have him behind most of the midfielders at the moment at the club. Saying that with Milner going ??? There is a need for a few midfielders to come in bringing him in for the right price could be a smart move think he will get better playing with better players but I would rather City go for Coleman instead to push Zaba on and on.

The only way he can get to the 'next stage' is if a bigger club signs him; he's earned that opportunity with his performances in the past 4 years. Our midfield gets twatted in the big games, and having someone like him in there will help address that. He's an ideal midfielder for this league

Luke The Blue said:
callumcity said:
I think McCarthy is a great player but really after the shite we've bought over the last few years we surely need to be aiming higher? I know he plays deeper than the likes of De Bruyne and Isco, but thats who we should be aiming for.
Spot on

The paradox in this statement sums up where we've gone wrong in the past few years; he's a 'great player' who we should apparently overlook because he isn't a big and/or exotic name. We need this kind of player to provide a platform for the more glamorous names like Barry used to. No more Garcias and Fernandos; we have to buy proven players from within this league if we are going to battle back into title contention in the next few seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.