James Milner - Why Buy Him?

I think its his versatility that has fucked Milner up. A Jack Of All Trades And A Master Of None seems apt in Milner. Yes workrate you cant knock him. Sadly for Milner he has fallen behind Garcia , Rodwell and Barry for the central role. A run of games for any player is great to get them to the next level.

Sadly since Mancini has arrived his English signings hasnt worked out in my opinion AJ and Milner hasnt progressed in my view.

Freestyler said:
Tevez City said:
waspish said:
It pisses me of he never gets a chance in midfield

Do you know football better than Mancini ?

You don't have to be Mancini to know James Milner is a midfielder, that is his best position and that is where he was at his very best for Villa.

I know and have said that many times

1- Milner won the best young player award in the league as a CM

2- City paid 16 Million + Ireland when they saw how good was he for Aston Villa as a CM

3- Milner himself has said many times that CM is his best position

But guess what ! Mancini don't fancy him at all as a CM and he bought 2 CM this summer as if Milner doesn't exist !

He proved in the opening months of last season that he is good enough to play for us and can flourish here. He won our club's November player of the month award by over 200 votes and won man of the match twice that month. Then he was inexplicably benched as Nasri returned to favour and has never really regularly played since then. Also if his toe is hurting that might affect his performances. He is not as technically great as many of our players but in the right system will work. We'd have had a better chance of beating Real Madrid and Arsenal had he played as the space given out wide to both teams (where he'd have been covering) was ridiculous, often two players against our one defender.

In hindsight he should have started in central midfield. With a Rodwell or Milner or Garcia in there we would have dictated the game and the defence would not have come under pressure

If I was Milner I would have handed a transfer request in by now.

Sometimes a manager just doesn't like you for no apparent reason - this is Milner's problem.

I truly believe that Milner could be our Steven Gerrard if played in CM regularly.

mancini has completley messed milner around, wouldnt be suprised if he left. wed be losing a great player aswell

milner does the same job for england and city ,100% comitment,but great player never.i dont.get the clammer for milner ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.