James Milner - Why Buy Him?

AVFCinPeace said:
From a Villa fan in peace here!

Milner for us was a top player capable of RB, RM, LM, CM, he's just a credit, a true role model.

I loved him for us and was devastated you managed to palm Ireland on us for him, Ireland has not been worth any of the money we let you keep for him at all!

I know you have a lot of top players but surely Jimmy should be in and around, he's not an England regular as a fluke

As for Gaz Baz very underated for city in my opinion, I don't know what you guy's think of him on here but seen many city fans call him shyte and can't believe it I enjoyed watching City last season and thought he was very important just playing the Makelele role just tidying up things and letting the Nasri's, Silva's ect be the creative forces!

We love 'em both mate. Barry very underestimated, clever player. Milner is a grafter, must have BMW lungs

AVFCinPeace said:
From a Villa fan in peace here!

Milner for us was a top player capable of RB, RM, LM, CM, he's just a credit, a true role model.

I loved him for us and was devastated you managed to palm Ireland on us for him, Ireland has not been worth any of the money we let you keep for him at all!

I know you have a lot of top players but surely Jimmy should be in and around, he's not an England regular as a fluke

As for Gaz Baz very underated for city in my opinion, I don't know what you guy's think of him on here but seen many city fans call him shyte and can't believe it I enjoyed watching City last season and thought he was very important just playing the Makelele role just tidying up things and letting the Nasri's, Silva's ect be the creative forces!

Most of us value Barry very highly,he was instrumental in our title win.
Milner is an excellent squad player,you're correct,he should always be in and around......

Cheers for the sensible post.

Was Javi Garcia brought in to replace Barry?

I know you lost NDJ but he wasn't a first team regular was he?

I think GB can go on for a few seasons yet not like he has to worry about losing any pace haha! just a player who has brilliant anticipation, good tackle and players the simple pass.

He actually started in defence for Villa was part of a 3 man defence, shifted then to LB, LM and also CM, CM is definitely his position but he's certainly a well rounded player who learnt his trade in a few positions.

King Geedorah said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
King Geedorah said:
Milner is the man who makes Yaya in a two man midfield work. Without James we're too easily over run.

How many games has Milner started at home and how many times have we been overrun in that time?

Like I've said Milner is this mythical saviour who is talked about alot when we appear to be struggling and talked about rarely when we are winning.

Last 6 games last season, pressure on...6 wins. How many Milner appearances? Nil.

In fact in his last 5 games las season we won 1 drew 1 and Lost 3.

Well yes at home against god awful sides we're not going to be over run, nor will we if they come to play for a draw like United did.

But when we go away to teams we need someone like Milner in midfield alongside Barry. If that means pushing Toure further forward so be it, but Milner allows us to keep 2 up front because he can graft out wide.

I'd be interested in seeing the away game stats with and without Milner from last year.

28 away games in all competitons

Milner started 15 Wins 7 (47%) draws 2 (13%) Losses 6 (40%)

He didnt start 13 Wins 7 (54%) draws 3 (23%) Losses 3 (23%)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.